Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Initial D w/ custom CF

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me decide which look to go with...The over the top CF body kit theme with complete front bumper,hood and fenders.Or the agressive yet sleak color matched Initial D kit?
First pic is the CF front I was gonna use.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I don't know about that exact CF bumper, but your Z just wouldn't be the same without all the CF

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
[/quote]
Well if custom CF work is now an option, I'd like to change my vote (so I did)

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[/quote]
Well if custom CF work is now an option, I'd like to change my vote (so I did)
<div align="right">[snapback]80730[/snapback]
[/quote]
Can you add another category for me..Custom CF on the Initial D bumper..

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Personally, I'm not a big fan of a lot of CF. I know those pics don't do it justice, but I still think it's way too much. AND, I don't like the way that front end looks. It's too busy; that center piece hanging down looks like a shark nose. What's up with the slots on each side?

I voted for Initial D because it looks nicer and yet more aggressive. I'm also a fan of solid color cars, although some cars have multiple colors that are done very well. But most of those are professionally done and race on national circuits.

Edit~ Oh, yeah. Now I know what is bothering me with that CF bumper. It reminds me of the EVO, which I absolutely hate.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Minus the upper vents and the "shark nose" the CF piece is O-K. Initial D is a bad a$$ front bumper cover.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Both bumpers look like they flow pretty good, the CF piece looks like it flows better, but I doubt it's enough to decide on it over the Initial D. I say do the Initial D with CF wrap over it. :)

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I like all of them, so long as you promise you'll paint them to match the car!! I like the CF look, but the whole front bumper just looks silly all in CF, IMO.. it just doesnt flow right. Now, if you could CF the whole car.. that would be another story!

Soo I guess my verdict is all painted to match, or all CF!

·
Registered
138 Posts
CF looks dumb in my opinion. And painting after is even dumber (again IMO) since it's heavier than the stock plastic and now you painted over the heavier CF.

If i had to pick between the two...the intial D, even though I think it ruins the flow of the car.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
[/quote]
:headshake: Julian's Z has always looked good with CF. And personally, I kinda think it's lost on SB

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I would say the Initial D w/ Custom CF. I agree w/ Dirn that your car wouldn't be the same without some CF somewhere....

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
i voted initial d with custom CF work. Is there any way to get a "tinted" orange carbo fiber?.. Or maybe you can get silver carbon fiber and do a thin film of lemans sunset to blend it into the color of the car.. I think that would be the sickest look possible!

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Initial D is probably the best looking bumper out there.

I'm a fan of CF too, but I think the entire bumper being made out of it is goofy looking.

Maybe the Initial D front with CF lip on the bottom? Your car wouldn't be the same without a little bit...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts