Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had Circuit City install a Sirius Didital Audiovox PNP2 receiver in my 2004 350Z. I have the Bose HU, JL 300/4 amp, Infinity & Kenwood speakers + an Infinity Basslink. Everything was running perfectly until the PNP2 install. I love the Sirius programming. However, everytime I shutdown the ignition (even w/ the PNP2 & HU alreadyoff). I hear a delayed popping sound at the rear. Circuit City said it was the amp shutting off. It never happened before so they must have done something with the connections that is causing it. Any assistance from anyone is EXTREMELY APPRECIATED.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Check you grounds on the amp and the head-unit, that "could" be the culprit. The sounds your are hearing are fairly common. Fortunately the sound is more annoying than damaging. Also check that the rca cables coming from the head unit are nice and tight. I believe the JL's have soft turn on/off circuitry so this is not the amps problem.

·
Registered
139 Posts
OK the first problem was going to Circuit City. This cannot be rectified. The second problem is most likely grounding, check to be sure they removed the paint from the chassis and used dielectric compound at the grounding point.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It usually has alot to do with grounding. If necessary, you can add a capacitor inline with the turn on lead for the amp to create a soft on/off for your amp. IT does help. This is to ground. Slow discharge of the cap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by GSoccer24@Oct 6 2004, 07:24 AM
OK the first problem was going to Circuit City.  This cannot be rectified.

How was going to cc the first problem? every car they work on is insured up to $1,000,000, if he is having problems he can just bring it back, the labor done on the car is covered for the lifetime of the car. If it was a poor install, then he can complain and have them look at it, but everyshop has done a bad install before. If he were to do it himself and mess up then he would be paying much more if he messes up. My advice is to bring the car back and have them make new grounds for the amp, HU, and the adv sirius unit, unless it is the cigarette lighter powered version, and let them hear the problem. I work in car stereo for circuit city so i know that if they **** up you are covered, they take out everything they install for free, and if they have to due to an error on their part, they buy new parts from the dealership. No worries bro, just take it back to em and tell them to fix it if it can be.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for ALL your replies. I am taking it back to CC tomorrow!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts