Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a noob. I dont have a 350Z, but a coworker does and as the resident modifier of automobiles I have been asked to help build\design the car.

So far I will be installing a Jim Wolfe intake.

Next they would like to do wheels. Off the top of my head I am thinking some Black(requested color) TE-37s, but I will be looking around for other ideas.

Things I could use help on-

Widest wheel\tire combo that can fit front and rear, may just leave the front at stock width(7"?) and widen out the rear.

Bolt pattern?

I am sure I will find this info in searches, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bolt pattern = 5/114.3

This page is a great reference....

click here for link

Thanks for the info guys. I also found the FAQ on wheels here as well, and I learned that I need to be careful on sizes due to the pressure sensors in the wheels.

I would like to do 18X10 rear and 18X9 front, what would be the best tire sizes to run with these sizes without screwing up the sensors( I suck at matching tire sizes)?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I also found the FAQ on wheels here as well, and I learned that I need to be careful on sizes due to the pressure sensors in the wheels.
I would like to do 18X10 rear and 18X9 front, what would be the best tire sizes to run with these sizes without screwing up the sensors( I suck at matching tire sizes)?
Welcome!

I don't think the TE37's come in black, but I could be wrong. I suck at matching tire sizes, too. But I'm sure there are plenty of folks in the wheel thread who have answers to that tire size question.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im a noob. I dont have a 350Z, but a coworker does and as the resident modifier of automobiles I have been asked to help build\design the car.

So far I will be installing a Jim Wolfe intake.
Next they would like to do wheels. Off the top of my head I am thinking some Black(requested color) TE-37s, but I will be looking around for other ideas.

Things I could use help on-

Widest wheel\tire combo that can fit front and rear, may just leave the front at stock width(7"?) and widen out the rear.

Bolt pattern?
I am sure I will find this info in searches, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
this link might help some
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html :wavey:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Rims! Rims! Rims! I must have some Rims! :cheers:

It only took me about 1,000 hours to decide. Rotsa Ruck!

Welcome :welcome:

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome!

I don't think the TE37's come in black, but I could be wrong. I suck at matching tire sizes, too. But I'm sure there are plenty of folks in the wheel thread who have answers to that tire size question.

They come in black, but they are special order. Took 9 months to get mine.

Well they have made it easy on me, they want to stick with the 18X8 stock size to retain the stock tires.

Its a black Z, so I suggested bronze as well as the black, so we will see, should look good either way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rims! Rims! Rims! I must have some Rims! :cheers:

It only took me about 1,000 hours to decide. Rotsa Ruck!

Welcome :welcome:

Yes, choosing the right wheel does take time.

I assume you meant "Rotas Suck"? Yes, yes they do, I say spend the bucks and get the real deal.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Ah yes, I see it now. :doh:
Rotas still suck, though.
:cheers:

lol.. i've used numerous sets of rota on the tarmac and on the dirt.. never broke a single one. They are extremely in-expensive! :)

Try and persuade them to choose different wheel sizes.. The Z looks TONS better with real wheels on it. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Try and persuade them to choose different wheel sizes.. The Z looks TONS better with real wheels on it. ;)

I tried, I REALLY wanted to see some 18X10R\18x9F, but they just dont want to deal with the tire issues.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts