Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Continental Europe here, in a black 2004 convertible VQ35DE and a plan to restore it to is former glory and beyond. Was wondering - why the wikipedia pages are blank?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Hello and welcome from the continental USA here! Congrats on your fresh purchase- how much does a used ZR cost in your part of the world? As for your question, the wiki pages on the 350Z display just fine here- could it be your browser?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These come pretty cheap nowadays - paid USD 6k for mine. After oil lines , engine cushions, decat installation, rod bushings and some other minor servicing I ended up spending 8,5k USD so far.

Regarding the wiki - tried on Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Iexplore, also safari and chrome on mobile - blank pages only, but i can freely read the content in the "edit" mode of the wiki.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Amazing, replacing oil lines and rod bushings don't come under the heading of "minor servicing" in my book. How many miles or KM were on this ZR?

Not much of a computer expert, so I have no explanation for your wiki issues. Where are you located?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Major things would be - rebuilding the engine, swapping the gearbox, adding turbo All of the under consideration :). 100k miles on this one.

I'm located in Poland, but tried VPN and still the same issue.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Sorry to say, VQ rod bearings and oil lines are usually only replaced during a major engine rebuild. How did you even replace the rod bearings without pulling the engine? What are 2019 fuel prices like in Poland?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Money wise not a major spend, amount of work done - well 4 days in shop that specializes in 350/370Z. And yeah the engine was pulled out.

The gas is 1,36usd/l.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts