Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
just got my helix installed this weekend... taking the cats off was a bitch!, but the sound is great with injen intake and stock (for now) exhaust! Plus you cut off some fat as well... don't know how many pounds...

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Originally posted by John@Mar 28 2004, 06:24 PM
I plan on going with a different test pipe / cat since the Kinetix ones resonate to an annoying tone...  to be honest, they're obnoxiousl....

do you mean the resonated ones or non-resonated.. ALL the non-resonated test pipes will have that annoying sound. The only resonated pipes available are form kintetix (at least for the momen ;) )

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well, I've gotten used to the resonance, and with the advent of having the Injen exhaust, the car now roars. I've gotten lots of compliments from other drivers at the track, some of who were just hearing me go by, others that were behind me on track.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by scorpZ@Aug 9 2004, 10:26 AM
just got my helix installed this weekend... taking the cats off was a bitch!, but the sound is great with injen intake and stock (for now) exhaust!  Plus you cut off some fat as well... don't know how many pounds...

Those stock cats are 30 pounds each. I just ordered my set of Helix last week and hope to get them this week. I'm waiting to install everything together to truly feel the increase in HP (got the pop charger & groundkit).

In fact, I just got my blue grounding kit today!! :goodtimes: Ordered them from maxground.com, and boy was he fast! Thanks Warren!

I'm keeping the stock exhaust, but I eventually plan to buy some y-pipes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts