Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:furious: Just had a blood test done. Dammit. Been eating even healthier, working out more, and trying to cut out more junk. My cholesterol and triglycerides are at terrible levels.

What I've increased in the health food arena:

Raw almonds
Spinach
Fresh greens
Water
Yogurt
Berries and fruits
Tuna
Red wine

Guess I'm going to have to go extreme and either take medication (with all the lovely side effects) or really clamp down on my mediocre junk food intake.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Tonight I'm cooking drumsticks which I hardly ever do. I wanted to do something different. I sliced bacon in half to shorten the strips, placed them on top of the drummies, peeled and cut some russet potatoes and doused them with oil, basil, and parsley and placed them around the drummies. Then I put it all on a stone cooking 'platter' to go into the oven set at 400º for 45 minutes.

We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well it is if your metabolism can burn the sugar carbs from the pasta. The problem is eating more pasta (carbs) than your body can burn. In that instance your body releases insulin to deal with the sugars and stores the excess carbs as fat. Contrary to popular belief eating fat doesn't make you fat, eating too many carbs makes you fat. You can eat all the fat you want and not get fat as long as you're not eating too many carbs. The amount of carbs you can burn measured in grams is your "critical carb level". Eat more than that and you'll put on weight.

You can eat all the protein and fat you want. Your body cannot turn them into stored fat unless you also eat too many carbohydrates (sugars). Find your critical carb level and stay below it and you'll be fine.
+1 :biggrin:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I love healthy food. My wife prepares very tasty grilled vegetables, I eat a lot of protein and the right carbohydrates. I also try to eat as many useful products for my brain as possible, here is a list of useful products in the article https://booksrun.com/blog/brainy-foods-that-will-help-you-focus/. There are products that I love, such as avacados (I like avocado sandwiches). I don't like fish very much, but it's rich in Omega 3 therefore I eat fish twice a week. Maybe you have recipes for how to cook fish so that it will be tasty?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love grilled vegetables, I also love chicken curls for a barbecue, I love sushi with smoked fish very much, my friend after a successful fishing gives us half of his catch, so I want to buy a smoker for fish, it seems to me that making smoked fish by my own will be much more useful than buying a ready-made one. And much cheaper. While I choose a smoker for fish, I found an interesting article https://greatyardmaster.com/best-smoker-for-fish/ . The article describes various smokers for fish, there is a description of their advantages and disadvantages. Maybe someone already cooked smoked fish and be able to give me a couple of recipes?

41 - 48 of 48 Posts