Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to raise the low beams headlights a little higher. Where do I find the adjustment screw. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
620 Posts
There is a "how to" here that has you taking off the fender liners, don't do it this way, it's lots more work.

Using a 10" Phillips screwdriver from the top is how the factory manual says to do it. Follow this metal strip down toward the side of the HID beam and you will see a hole, look in the hole for the little gear teeth, put your screwdriver in there and turn.

Clockwise - Up
Counterclockwise - Down

What I do is go to a parking garage and put the car 8' from the wall

In this pic I had it set at 26" from the ground but have since moved it up to 27", that seems to be the "just high enough" not to bug people to bad. Nobody has flashed me yet and it seems to cut off right at the top of the average trunk.
Notice the hot-spot at 26" that is what you are measuring to.

Good luck
Chris

I keep meaning to take a picture with the screwdriver in the hole so you can tell where it goes, I'll see what I can do about that today.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Ok, it's raining out but I got some more pics.
First, this is my lon a** Phillips screw driver. I believe it's a 12" with a #2 tip.

It fits right here, there is no need to push real hard or force it,
just slip it in and start turning and you will see the results on the wall.

You might need a flashlight to see the gear wheel (see arrow)

The screwdriver fits in the hole like so, it takes several revolutions to see any type a change.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GOT IT .......... HyperSprite

I hope you didn't get to wet out in the rain. That was very nice of you. Perhaps, in the future I can give you a 'heads-up' on a DIY.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the pics. They make it very easy to picture what needs to be done. Even I should be able to do it without screwing something up.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thank you VERY much for the how to! :clap:

I haven't been that impressed with my HIDs so far.....now I see how easy it is to adjust. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts