Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything out there that stops this..or can fix it..and why is it the top of the lens is where most of the scuffs happen?? It really sucks when you shine the paint all up then gaze down at the front and see these scuffed up headlights .it kinda takes away from it all, you know like checking out a hot chick and as she walks by you see an adams apple..it sucks :banghead:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Probably where junk hits them the most. There are polishes out there for head lights, if it's really bad, you can wet sand them.

~Pat

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
QUOTE (NoZYet @ Sep 19 2009, 06:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=583657
Probably where junk hits them the most. There are polishes out there for head lights, if it's really bad, you can wet sand them.

~Pat
Ha. **** yes. Had a pickup back up over the front of my car and put some really 'nice' scuffs on the headlights. Wet sanded then polished. Just a thing ...

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
Besides the clear bra, I have headlight protectors on mine. They have some scratches and a nick on one side, but no damage to the actual lens! Lamin-X has them in tinted colors as well as clear. They also have a kit to cover the tailights, reverse lights and reflector.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just in case anyone comes looking,

I have yellowing and cloudy headlights. I didn't want to fork out the cash for the Meguiars restoration kit (being unconvinced it would work 100%) so instead I just bought a bottle of their "Plast-X" which is the main component of the restoration kit anyway.
Used an applicator pad and lightly and evenly worked in the product by hand.
I'm very surprised by the result and it has come out really well so you don't need to invest in the kit to get good results if you're willing to give your ams a little workout.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have a Griot's Garage 3" random orbital buffer that I use with their Machine Polish #3 on my headlights. They are perfectly clear and my car will be 7 years old on July 1.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts