Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Headlight Replacement

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  stan_0123 
#1 ·
well as the title says, my headlight blew out tonite and i wanted to know if any of you base owners have upgraded. to what, how much, and if you have any pics? i dont really have the money for the hid upgrade.just bulbs
mdzowner

#3 ·
u cant just fit xenon globes in a halogen headlight

not only is the base completely different, they require ballasts and ignitors to run

mdz i wouldnt bother with any of those falsely advertised 'xenon' halogen blue coated bulbs, they reduce the light output compared to a normal clear bulb. There are exceptions, like the PIAAs, but they run at nearly twice the wattage to give more output (110w vs stock 55w), so that means twice the operating temps. I cant say 100% whether u can overload the existing wiring like that or whether the headlight will take the heat.

#6 ·
yeah i just found the h7 from piaa that are rated 4000 candle light power as opposed to the stock 3200.
like the PIAAs, but they run at nearly twice the wattage to give more output (110w vs stock 55w), so that means twice the operating temps. I cant say 100% whether u can overload the existing wiring like that or whether the headlight will take the heat

does any one know if it will fry my factory wiring?
mdzowner

#10 ·
I got it from importhookup.com for i believe $360. Only problem is they stopped selling them due to the legailty of selling aftermarket HID kits. Try to do a google search and see what you can come up with on them. As for other HID kits im not sure which ones are good and which are bad. you may want to make a topic asking about this if you can find anything.

#11 ·
ive used xenondepot.com kits on 2 of my cars and was very happy with the kits. Again plug and play, though the xenondepot kits take power from the battery, rather than relying on the factory wiring, but as such requires a couple more wires be fed through the engine bay with fuses/breakers attached. Not as messy ud think considering on the Z u can hide them inside the battery area and close the lid

i did have a problem with my last kit in that i was sent a defective globe. Steve from xenondepot was very cooperative in sending a replacement, and in the end decided to send me two brand new globes. They have a one year warranty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.