Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done some searching trying to determine if the front lens of the headlight can be replaced or if the whole assembly needs to be repalced. Can't seem to get an answer.

Hoping someone here might able to help.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE: Good news: Yes, you can buy them seperately! Bad news: The lens costs $70 more than the whole assembly.. go figure.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Really! Where can you get whole assembly from and how much? Had some gutless wonder reverse into my front bumper about a year ago at a shopping centre carpark and they just ran, damaged the left side of my bumper and completely broke 2 mounts on the headlight, i was after something like this but was told i had to buy a whole new headlight which was $1200+, couldnt find any info on it either, so i just put it off for a while until i could find something cheaper.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should clarify that when I say "whole assembly" I'm refferring to the whole headlight itself. The lens I'm referring the top/front of the headlight (ie: bit that sits flush with bonnet and bumper. This is where my scratches are. This lens (one part of the whole assembly) if bought seperately costs $970ea. The whole assembly itself with bulbs etc is $901ea. This is also for non-HID headlights.

For fun I had HID's quoted. Earth-shattering $1,743ea for the whole assembly. Don't call 'em stealerships for nothing!

·
Registered
134 Posts
hmmm, i need a LHS (07), i thought you were refering to the plastic bits only i.e. lens and botton bit that bolts to frame
My damaged headlight works fine, its not sitting right but still as bright as ever so i cant justify paying that much , i could get a ECU or something with that money lol

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No not willing to pay $970 at all. I'll put my thinking hat on and see what I can up with.

I have two current projects nearing an end. Might try to investigate getting the auto-dimming sensors installed for ADR approved bi-xenons for the next one..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts