Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dave... i was thinking ... what if you took the headlights apart and blacked out EVERYTHING . all the chrome.

how would the light output be? with the HID's would it be necessary to have the reflectors in the back of the housing? it would look like fog lights but still have the output am i correct?

i borrowed this idea from someone on the other forum

can someone photoshop this on a superblack?

what you think? if i ever get tired of my yellow overlays mabey

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I think it would actually look great. Light output im not too sure about, but I think it should be about the same. Nismokid may know a little about this also. On SB it would look awesome. Let me know if you ever want to do this and I can help you with it.
Anyone else who may have some input on light output from doing this, I would like to make sure I am correct that its ok to do this.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by Spdu4ia@Oct 31 2004, 10:41 AM
Dave... i was thinking ... what if you took the headlights apart and blacked out EVERYTHING .  all the chrome. 

how would the light output be?  with the HID's would it be necessary to have the reflectors in the back of the housing?  it would look like fog lights but still have the output am i correct?

i borrowed this idea from someone on the other forum

can someone photoshop this on a superblack?

what you think? if i ever get tired of my yellow overlays mabey

Hey, comin from another SB owner, I got a feeling that doin the GT style blacked out headlights might be a bit too much black on the car.

What I suggest, instead, is adding one of Bat's headlight overlays OVER your yellow... that way it isnt such a bright yellow, more of a smoked yellow like JGTC 350Z uses.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think if you blacked-out all the reflective chrome it would diminish the headlights quite a bit. That'd be an expensive experiment if it didn't come out right. It would look pretty kewl though.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have the paint for it and all, there is a site up to tell you how to do it, but dave and i have done a set already and are more than willing to help. Paint was like 10-12 bucks with primer so its fairly cheap to do. Black is a satin black paint and primer is for plastic and shiney metals. Comes out flat blackish with a little shine and its perfect for the inside of the headlight, let me know if you want to do it. I decided not to because the silver nismo rims will look good withthe silver headlights/clearstrips and the clear reflectors in the bumper.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I have them but I have to go run and shower right now cat. I will post them for you when I got home tonight. What I actually did to mine was just clear out the amber reflector in mine. We do know how to blacken it out though. Will post pics tonight

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by Cat2102@Oct 31 2004, 05:44 PM
thanks that is awesome. I don't know how to paint tho... so I would need someone to do it for me! :D :D :D :D

I'll spray em for ya.. take a road trip to the big apple! While the paint drys I'll show ya around ;)

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by Cat2102@Oct 31 2004, 06:02 PM
lol, that's a little far away! It would take me forevor to get there...

I do want to visit NY though. Never been.

Its a beautiful city, especially when seen from the air. I'm pretty sure I could hook somethin up :DiRN:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts