Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my topspeed headers and an Injen Exhaust recently installed. Today was the first day i really drove the car. Im experienceing upon deceleration a weird bubbly/flapper liek sound when i begin to decelerate. Also a second symptom is my RPMS at idle move and shake between 200-500 RPM. It is my guess that i may have a leak somewhere on the headers or the exhaust. Would this make sense to you guys? By the way the car itself is running awesome and already feel the gains. The first day it had none of this until i really drove it today on the FWY and for a few blocks.

FYI-I was advised that a few days later I would eventually have to bring the car back to readjust the Injen exhaust after it heats up since this ones tend to move with heat or something or expand.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:zzz: Everybody that's somebody is asleep. Check back tomorrow.

Seriously, my first thought is the same as yours. Exhaust leak closer to the engine would be my guess. I still don't understand why anyone would have to readjust the exhaust system after install. :dunno: Sounds a little strange to me...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Sep 15 2005, 09:20 PM
:zzz:  Everybody that's somebody is asleep.  Check back tomorrow.

Seriously, my first thought is the same as yours.  Exhaust leak closer to the engine would be my guess.  I still don't understand why anyone would have to readjust the exhaust system after install. :dunno:  Sounds a little strange to me...
[snapback]155467[/snapback]​

Yeah it does sound strange!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Originally posted by jmcmorante+Sep 15 2005, 08:44 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SmoothZ
@Sep 15 2005, 09:20 PM
:zzz: Everybody that's somebody is asleep. Check back tomorrow.

Seriously, my first thought is the same as yours. Exhaust leak closer to the engine would be my guess. I still don't understand why anyone would have to readjust the exhaust system after install. :dunno: Sounds a little strange to me...
[snapback]155467[/snapback]​

Yeah it does sound strange!
[snapback]155474[/snapback]​

That is probably resonator. If you changed header. because if engine air caused heat can not pass thru rasonator pipe btw cat cause sound like that. or you can check all each bolts. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts