Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just finished installing my headers and man that was a project. After installation I was concerned about not having any heat sheilds. Has any one added heat sheilds or is it not a big concern.

·
Registered
598 Posts
which are the fuel lines, and is there a wrap or something that you can put around the line. sorta like a header wrap or insulated tape?. just wondering. malley what headers did you get? was the install hard

mdzowner

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the borla headers to go alone with the exhaust. The installation was a bitch. I did it by myself and it took a good eight hours. With help it would be quiker. The hardest part was getting the torque wrench in there.
You need plenty of patience to tackle the job.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mdzowner
If you need the torque specs I have them for all the engine parts. The service manual for the car is expensive.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exhaust manifold cover 5.1-6.5 N.m (46-57 in-lb)
Exhaust manifold stud 12.7-16.7 N.m (10-12 ft-lb)
Exhaust Manifold 28.5-32.4 N.m (21-23 ft-lb)
**need to be tightened in particular order--Bottom middle, top middle, top stud front, bottom stud rear, bottom stud front, top stud rear, bottom middle and top middle.
Cats to headers 60.0 - 66.0 N.m (45-48 ft-lb)

That should be enough to get the job done. If you ever need any other specs let me know I should have them or I can get them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Make sure before you start the Job that you have alot of extensions for your ratchet, some nuckles, and crows feet. The whole project can be done from under the car. It is not necesary to lift the motor. It may help but I don't think so. The passenger side is really tight and will take the longest to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts