Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what other people have paid to get there headers installed? I got a quote of $400 from a local shop and I am trying to figure out if that is a good deal.

Thanks

Zach

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is what I thought until they told me 400 for headers and 200 for pulleys? So i dont know why they seemed to give me great on header install and then tried to stick it to me for pulleys. I will do the pulleys myself tomorrow and make an appoinment for this weekend to get the headers on.

~Z~

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just had one of my best friends install my headers for me, so i got a brake... but he did say that the book on them was 3 hours a piece for install. So your price of $400 sounds bout right, if not a good deal.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The I guess I got a deal. I was charged $375.00 to put on a set of Crawfords. It took them two days to do it, and they changed all the mounting studs. They installed a set of DCs in a "Z" the week before my Crawfords, for $200.00. The shop is Apex Motorsports in Tucson. A nice little shop.

Lou

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Originally posted by lowrider@Jul 28 2005, 09:07 AM
The I guess I got a deal.  I was charged $375.00 to put on a set of Crawfords.  It took them two days to do it, and they changed all the mounting studs.  They installed a set of DCs in a "Z" the week before my Crawfords, for $200.00.  The shop is Apex Motorsports in Tucson.  A nice little shop.

Lou
[snapback]138305[/snapback]​

That is INSANELY Cheap!!!!
It's like a 6-8 hour job I believe.

I paid around $450 from AAM..

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Hopefully 0 if i can succesfully pull it of on saturday.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'm using jackstands and I'm patient.
I'm going to have to start early because it gets dark at 5pm
might have to start at6am after i get a couple of del taco breakfeast burritos.
I'm going to drive by my buddy salems on friday and we will check things out on his lift(good guy he did a full rebuild on my b16a motor back in the day) and borrow any tools he thinks i might need.
maybe he will have a free day and help me out so things might change.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
hey ills i have a picture i cant upload because it says its too big.
530k in size.
It's a picture of the headers im installing saturday. was going to try to get it to toykilla so he has a pic of them on wiki.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I'm using jackstands and I'm patient.
I'm going to have to start early because it gets dark at 5pm
might have to start at6am after i get a couple of del taco breakfeast burritos.
I'm going to drive by my buddy salems on friday and we will check things out on his lift(good guy he did a full rebuild on my b16a motor back in the day) and borrow any tools he thinks i might need.
maybe he will have a free day and help me out so things might change.

Pay your friend if you have to. Just to use the lift, Daniel. You will get it done much quicker that way. And much more safe.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I've heard installing headers yourself is a huge PITA, but then again I am a cheap ******* and I don't have a mechanic I would trust. I can follow directions all day long and I'm quite mechanical, but I am by no means versed on cars or Z's.
Would trying to install headers myself be foolish. Would it be easy for a novice to do plenty of damage under their inadvertantly, or get my self in a situation I can't get out of without help.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ive done header jobs in my past two trucks and it is a million times easier than what the Z looks like. cant event see in there ****. Maybe ill give it a try when I actually afford them. have borla td and want to do some borla headers. :banghead:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts