Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finnished installing a set of headers and race pipes with the stock exhaust setup. The problem that I am having is that when reving it, it sounds as if there is an echo below the car. I was curious as to weather it was comming from the tail pipe but after having my father stand in the back of the car it wasn't comming from there. My only theroy is that the race pipes being catless have a slight echo while revving the throttle. I'm not sure that I have an exhaust leak either. I am pretty positive that I don't I tightend up everything really tight so I think I'm cool there.

If anyone has had this problem or has heard of it let me know.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yea, that might be normal for the race pipes. An exhaust leak sounds like an awful spitting sound. Water is obviously present in the exhaust fumes and when the car is cold, it quickly condenses into water again. Then, when it finds a leak, it spits out. It is pretty easy to recognize a leak.

Race pipes that are not resonated tend to have a hollow, raspy noise. If it is the race pipes and you want to get rid of that noise, consider resonated race pipes. Kinetix makes some and I think TopSpeed does as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep thats exactly what I'm hearing. Also I have this setup on a stock muffler too I am going to put on 2 5zigen mufflers (acutal ones) with a custom true duel and X-pipe. Hopefully it sounds better.

·
Registered
92 Posts
its the test pipes.. i got rid of my APS pipes and ordered Ultimate racing HFC! I couldnt stand how loud it was and the rasp!! ahhh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts