Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well - once again my stock head unit starting eating my CD's. This time about 1/3 of the cd is destroyed!

SO - If anyone could please recommend head units - I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Zachary

·
Registered
62 Posts
I know a lot of people (including myself) like this one... But there are many other great ones out there as well, are you looking for a normal head unit or something with an LCD as well?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea what I really want - it is something that I have not done that much research into

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Hey Zach what kind of price range are you looking at? Do you want an in dash dvd player also? I have the Kenwood ddx7015 and couldnt be happier with it. I know many members with it and they all love it. It will run you around 1k so its not exactly cheap. If you are looking for something in the $300 or so range I would highly recommend the alpine 9833 or 9835 which are essencially the same unit but the 9835 has a larger readout area. Here are pics of both:

Kenwood ddx7015
<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/dave079/DSC00912.jpg' target='_new'></a>

Alpine 9833

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/dave079/DSC00787.jpg' target='_new'></a>

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
This unit looks great in the z, but it does not work with US radio stations. It has a different radio band that is used in Japan.
screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://www.melting-pot.com/website/productinfo/detailswx7700mdx001.jpg');}" />

If you are spending that much, you might as well get the Kenwood DDX7015. Plays MP3/DVD/CD, and there is an addon naviagation.

If you dont want to spend that much and do not want dvd/screen, then you cant go wrong with a mid-level Alpine unit. (300$+)

I would try to find someone you know that works at a car audio shop that will give you there discount. You can save a few hundred easily..

·
Registered
62 Posts
This unit looks great in the z, but it does not work with US radio stations. It has a different radio band that is used in Japan.
You can buy a frequency converter to fix this, for about $40 if I remember correcty...

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
[/quote]

All depends on what features you are looking for and what you want out of it

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not to steal the thread but I am looking for something that is reliable, sounds good, maybe can play mp3's, and looks good in the Z.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Alpine 9833 is a great unit and can do all that you just said. Its the one I have pictured above

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I have an Alpine 9835 with XM modulator buried in the dash - one of the best mods to date

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
[/quote]

Agreed. The 9835 just has a bigger digital display than the the 9833. Cant go wrong with either.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
true, if only it were a color screen!

·
Registered
187 Posts
[/quote]

:doh: if your worried about a color screen then go with some JVC or Pioneer brand. If you want true quality, stay with the Alpine 9835. This radio does everything and then some. Look it up and compare it with others, I am telling from first hand experience this is one of the best out there. My friend owns a car audio store and he swears up and down it is his best best single din (non video screen) radio.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts