Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doug and I were downtown yesterday morning (playing hookie for the first part of the day!) and we were people/car watching. This dude pulls up in his sorta new looking mini-van. I notice something that I shouldn't have seen on a mini-van. He had a big brake kit w/ cross-drilled rotors!
WTF? It was pretty funny, I pointed it out to Doug who practically fell over, and he was like "HE PIMPED HIS RIDE". I was rolling on the ground laughing. Just his expression when he was saying that was priceless! At least dude was enjoying his mini van!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have KILLED to get close ups!
Are you kidding me I LOVE that show dude--it cracks me up! I really LIKED what they did to surfer girls 60's something mustang (I woulda kept the flame throwers) , that was pretty nice actually. Clean! But most of it is def. PIMPmacdaddy but entertaining! BLING BLING YO

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Yeah, I love Pimp My Ride. I would never want one of the cars, but it's fun to watch.

And I think it was a 67 jinxx, but I could be wrong. And it was a shame about the flame throwers, but I guess MTV doesn't want to get in trouble for giving someone a non street legal car... fargin' bastages

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Definitely a 67, and **** that girl deserves to be smacked around for letting a car like that get into that condition! At least most people on that show really do have POS cars.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
**** I hate that show. With 90% of it they do absolutely no engine work. Its just all "bling" crap. They put 30k worth of crap into a 1k car. I just cant stand MTV.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
"...Its just all "bling" crap. They put 30k worth of crap into a 1k car. I just cant stand MTV...."

Art reflects culture (scared yet?...)... Like cross drilled rotors on mushy minivan brakes, $3000 spinners on a '97 Cavalier, or that ironing board of a rear spoiler on a 100 hp Honda...it's just a 'Pig in a Prom Dress '.

You can paint your poos le mans sunset orange, but that don't mean you got Z's comin out your @ss....

I am not too big on mods that don't serve a purpose...& ironing a shirt in your driveway don't count.

Ideas for shows next year: "Where's your pimped ride now?" (I'd bet 95% wrecked, sold, or fallin apart...)

or how's about "Punked your Ride"?

BTW Jinxxy, Did that mv guy have a mullet by any chance?......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pimp My Ride is fantastic!
You watch them make fun of people's cars. And when they tell you how much the ricey mods cost, its 3 times what it usually is. You have to take the show for what it is and smile.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by ArthurKing@Jul 12 2004, 08:14 PM
Pimp My Ride is fantastic!
You watch them make fun of people's cars. And when they tell you how much the ricey mods cost, its 3 times what it usually is. You have to take the show for what it is and smile.

Thatis true if you take the show as it is. Taking a POS car and turning it into a POS with 30k of crap in it. I will give it the amusing factor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts