1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 350z touring m/t 6sp

around 130000 miles

owned the car for about 7 months

pretty sure i fried the ecm from my maf sensor wires being pushed up against the metal on the engine bay by the strut tower.

ive tried researching and tried to find a replacement ecu either new or used. sadly they discontinued making my model ecm (ill post part number at the end of post and try to post a pic) and i cant seem to find one used that matches mine. ive been looking everyday for the past few weeks trying to find one and cant. ive contacted multiple nissan parts dealers and they all told me the same thing, discontinued. ive also made a post in the classifieds on both here and another 350z site, along with searching the classified “sell” threads so it seems i have to go aftermarket with an ecu. and i dont plan on having a crazy build or anything, i just bought this as a drift car and dont intend to modify it very much, at least not in the near future. ive looked at the haltech sprint 500 cause that seems to be the cheapest but i know nothing and dont know if this would be a direct replacement of the ecm or if i need more parts along with it.

so with that being said, what aftermaket ecu would you recommend me? and once i get that do i just disable the nats system or get the new ecu flashed? and would i have to get my key programmed to it? ive been reading other posts about ecm replacement but its all just broadly written info. honestly if someone could just recommend me a decent ecm replacement id appreciate it or if someone has a used one theyre willing to sell. i iust really wanna get the car running again. but lastly, thank you for taking your time to read this, all help is appreciated.

my ecm part number:

MEC35-320 C2 3Y21

·
Registered
113 Posts
Highly unlikely that shorting the maf would kill the ECU - it's a 5v low current line

You should be able to get a replacement ECU from a wreck at a fraction of the cost of an aftermarket ECU

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Highly unlikely that shorting the maf would kill the ECU - it's a 5v low current line

You should be able to get a replacement ECU from a wreck at a fraction of the cost of an aftermarket ECU
I didn’t think so either at first but after extensive research of people with the same problem.i came to the conclusion: fans turn on when I turn key to on, service engine light doesnt illuminate,nats light is stuck on, obd2 scanner can’t connect.. Bad ecu. Took it out and nothing seems different when turning the key since removing it. But I found one on eBay for fairly cheap. Hopefully this fixes it 🤞

1 - 3 of 3 Posts