Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about haveing the 17" OEM Nissan wheels on my 04 chrome plated or doing a chrome exchange. I found two companies, one is LA Wheels and the other is OEM Rims Inc, both in Calif. Does anyone know anything about either of these two companies or could you make a recommendation.
Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went through LA Wheels....about one year ago....they were fair and professional. My rims still look great8...no rust / flaking / discoloration or any type of problem.

·
Registered
300 Posts
IMHO chrome has no place on a Z. A Z is a serious sports car. Chrome is cheesy glitz and it is heavy. Heck the stock 17"s already weigh 10 lbs more than my 18" Nismo's and that is for each wheel. Imagine what reducing 40 lbs of rotating mass can do for accelleration and handling. But please god don't add weight to it.

I am sure many will disagree and to each their own but chrome looks like crap on a serious sports car (again - IMHO). Come back from the dark side - don't do it :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought I would post a couple of photos of the chromed rims and what they look like on my Z.

Decided to go ahead and have them chromed as I wouldn't have to deal with fitment and alignment issues. You dont see very many of them chromed, so they stand out around here.

I ended up going with OEM Rims and Ann helped me with the sales. If your interested they can be reached through www.oemrims.com

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts