Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just got back from a Z-meet at Westbury Nissan (Westbury, NY). Spoke with a few sales reps, and the rep for the performance parts department, Nick Anastasi. Very nice guy, and extremely knowledgable - not your typical dealership type.

The story is that any work done to your Z there with parts you buy (from them I'm assuming) will be covered. Their prices seem reasonable, for example I priced a Vortec SC kit for $7K installed, waranteed, and tested for a few days to get the bugs out. People are spending that much on the kit alone! Same thing with turbos, big brake kits, wheels, etc. All under warantee!

If ANYONE is planning FI and doesnt want to ever think about blowing your engine, GO THERE. Great shop. I'll have pics tomorrow cause I'm exhausted. Plus my digital is in the Z and thats like 25 feet away in the garage.. too lazy for that.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, but having some random shop warantee work and having NNA warantee it are two different things. Thats the part I couldn't believe. I'll be taking my ride in there to be serviced for now on..

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Very nice! :clap: That's a good find. I'll have to ask my dealership tomorrow if they do that. I now the service manager is into racing because he's in the PCA and owns a rare Porsche. He got one of the Z guys here to install the Vortech SC and play with them on the weekends.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by Jetpilot718@Aug 15 2005, 10:45 AM
Yeah, but having some random shop warantee work and having NNA warantee it are two different things.  Thats the part I couldn't believe.  I'll be taking my ride in there to be serviced for now on..
[snapback]145672[/snapback]​

Are you sure the warranty is with NNA and not the dealership? NNA did not manufacture the part, so they won't warranty the part itself. Nor did they install the part (the dealership did), so I doubt they will warranty the work. I'm guessing this is still a shop warrantying the work. It just so happens the word Nissan is in the title of the shop

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by DiRN+Aug 15 2005, 10:24 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Jetpilot718
@Aug 15 2005, 10:45 AM
Yeah, but having some random shop warantee work and having NNA warantee it are two different things. Thats the part I couldn't believe. I'll be taking my ride in there to be serviced for now on..
[snapback]145672[/snapback]​

Are you sure the warranty is with NNA and not the dealership? NNA did not manufacture the part, so they won't warranty the part itself. Nor did they install the part (the dealership did), so I doubt they will warranty the work. I'm guessing this is still a shop warrantying the work. It just so happens the word Nissan is in the title of the shop
[snapback]145705[/snapback]​

Dunno.. he explained it to me, but now I'm not really sure. Either way, if I get turbos, and the engine blows itself, "Nissan" whoever they are, will fix them. Pretty good deal if ya ask me!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by Jetpilot718@Aug 14 2005, 10:42 PM
Hey guys,

Just got back from a Z-meet at Westbury Nissan (Westbury, NY).  Spoke with a few sales reps, and the rep for the performance parts department, Nick Anastasi.  Very nice guy, and extremely knowledgable - not your typical dealership type. 

The story is that any work done to your Z there with parts you buy (from them I'm assuming) will be covered.  Their prices seem reasonable, for example I priced a Vortec SC kit for $7K installed,  waranteed, and tested for a few days to get the bugs out.  People are spending that much on the kit alone!  Same thing with turbos, big brake kits, wheels, etc.  All under warantee!

If ANYONE is planning FI and doesnt want to ever think about blowing your engine, GO THERE.  Great shop.  I'll have pics tomorrow cause I'm exhausted.  Plus my digital is in the Z and thats like 25 feet away in the garage..  too lazy for that.
[snapback]145577[/snapback]​

To be clear , they will warranty any work they perform on the parts they supply and not the engine if it should go boom as a result of the F.I. correct.. Nissan certainly wouldn't warranty the engine. Also do they have a dyno to tune and set the A/F ratio to safe levels?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by jpc350z+Aug 15 2005, 03:07 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Jetpilot718
@Aug 14 2005, 10:42 PM
Hey guys,

Just got back from a Z-meet at Westbury Nissan (Westbury, NY). Spoke with a few sales reps, and the rep for the performance parts department, Nick Anastasi. Very nice guy, and extremely knowledgable - not your typical dealership type.

The story is that any work done to your Z there with parts you buy (from them I'm assuming) will be covered. Their prices seem reasonable, for example I priced a Vortec SC kit for $7K installed, waranteed, and tested for a few days to get the bugs out. People are spending that much on the kit alone! Same thing with turbos, big brake kits, wheels, etc. All under warantee!

If ANYONE is planning FI and doesnt want to ever think about blowing your engine, GO THERE. Great shop. I'll have pics tomorrow cause I'm exhausted. Plus my digital is in the Z and thats like 25 feet away in the garage.. too lazy for that.
[snapback]145577[/snapback]​

To be clear , they will warranty any work they perform on the parts they supply and not the engine if it should go boom as a result of the F.I. correct.. Nissan certainly wouldn't warranty the engine. Also do they have a dyno to tune and set the A/F ratio to safe levels?
[snapback]145787[/snapback]​

If the dealership is offering that type of work, then they probably have a contract with a local tuner shop to do such things.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, engine is waranteed too. Full deal, safest way to go. And they have a 2 and all wheel dyno on site. They do all the tuning and make sure the car is sound for a few days before they give it back to you. Should really be a no-headache thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts