Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week ago Monday, my 350Z Roadster (stick) stalled out right in the mid of a shift while the car was rolling (no error lights came on). I was able to restart it after a few tries and the car ran fine for the rest of day. I drove about 40 miles after the stall. The next day, after driving for about 10 miles the car again died again, during an up shift and once again no warring lights but it restarted after a few tries.

At the dealer suggestion, the car was towed to the dealer. The computer had not recorded any fault conditions and after working on the car for three days, the dealer could not get the car to repeat the problem. So I picked up the car on Saturday and just before getting home the car stalled out during a shift!

Since I assumed that sooner or later the car might stall out and not restart, I only would drive it when the dealer was open, so the car could be towed right to them! This past Monday after driving for about 10 miles the car stalled out again, but this time the “Service Engine Soon”, “Slip” and “TCS Off” lights lit and stayed on but after the second restart only the “Service Engine Soon” stated on.

After three days of testing the dealer now thinks it is the “ECM” module, which of course is back ordered.
:doh:

·
Registered
406 Posts
I haven't heard anything reported about that malady yet. :OMG:

Although your Z is currently having some unusual computer related dilemmas, . . . . :banghead: however the good news is that your dealer has obviously diagnosed the problem and you should be back on the road before ya know it. :shiftdrive:

Just keep your fingers crossed that it does not reoccur. :cheers:

·
Registered
470 Posts
check ur camshaft sensor!!! it could be that happend to me!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was replaced two months ago. That is what the computer said was wrong and the Dealer could not believe that it would be bad a second time!

·
Registered
470 Posts
so it was the camshaft sensor problem?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I had this happen to me several times - Dealer asked if I was using Mobil gas and I had. They told me to use a different brand as Mobil was high detergent and it softens the gaskets in the fuel pump allowing blowb or lack of vacumn.

I change to Texaco and B&P - 13,000 miles later still running like a charm without any issue!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bet Mobile/Exxon would like to know that their gas, which has been designed to keep the intake system clean, is not compatible with Nissans fuel pump seals.

Sounds to me the fault would be Nissan's crappy seals.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Originally posted by arejohn59@Jun 17 2005, 12:33 PM
Bet Mobile/Exxon would like to know that their gas, which has been designed to keep the intake system clean, is not compatible with Nissans fuel pump seals.

Sounds to me the fault would be Nissan's crappy seals.
[snapback]116776[/snapback]​

Car from Japan ; Can't use USA (Exxon/Mobil) gas: Got to use BP (United Kingdom) or Texaco (Royal Dutch). You want American gas, go to BP station. You want Texas gas, go to Shell. Why should I be paranoid that the world is out to get the USA?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I got my car back today and it SEEMS to be fixed, so I guess I will not be using the lemon law after all. It is strange that Nissan received the required lemon law notice yesterday and the car is fixed today! I wonder if there any connection between the two events (LOL)!

I can not believe how bad Nissan service is! My car has been at the dealer for 37 day and when I picked it up it had not been washed! Now there is some type of film on the car that I will have to clean off. This will be the last Nissan I buy!

·
Registered
35 Posts
That same problem happened to me not too long ago... **** crankshaft senor died out on me twice and had to get it towed twice!!... SIGH the car isn't even a year old. (2005 6mt)

·
Registered
470 Posts
holy crap it just hapend to me i pased throu a small bump on the road and the car stalled compleatly, i tried another bump to see if it was that and in deed it was its weird my mechanic said it has to do to my bad camshaft sensor and i cheked nissan tsb, and in fact it says due to camshaft sensor malfunction , engine could stall, engine service soon light on, and loss of power

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Originally posted by Naples TopLess@Jul 6 2005, 06:09 PM
Well, I got my car back today and it SEEMS to be fixed, so I guess I will not be using the lemon law after all. It is strange that Nissan received the required lemon law notice yesterday and the car is fixed today! I wonder if there any connection between the two events (LOL)!

I can not believe how bad Nissan service is! My car has been at the dealer for 37 day and when I picked it up it had not been washed! Now there is some type of film on the car that I will have to clean off. This will be the last Nissan I buy!
[snapback]127718[/snapback]​

Sorry you're having this problem. Be glad the dealership didn't wash you Z though...I've seen what the detail crews they hire use on the paint, and you're much better off to wash the car yourself.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by KShep+Jul 26 2005, 07:16 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Naples TopLess
@Jul 6 2005, 06:09 PM

[snapback]127718[/snapback]​

Sorry you're having this problem. Be glad the dealership didn't wash you Z though...I've seen what the detail crews they hire use on the paint, and you're much better off to wash the car yourself.
[snapback]137234[/snapback]​

+1!!!!!!

Glad to hear you are back on the road!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts