Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Id really like to know

if its possible for the 350z coupe

to be t topped

targo tops are the hotness

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
anything is possible .. just find a shop that has done similar work and make sure it was good work, and they can do it for you

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I think it would look great, it might get rather pricey though. Plus it may negatively affect the rigidity of the structure, not sure how much support the roof gives :dunno: If it could be done though, I give it a :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by Hazade@Aug 30 2005, 09:47 AM
I think it would look great, it might get rather pricey though. Plus it may negatively affect the rigidity of the structure, not sure how much support the roof gives :dunno:  If it could be done though, I give it a :thumbsup:
[snapback]150633[/snapback]​

Perhaps getting a T top as opposed to a targa would help with the rigidity issue :dunno:

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
easier to do than u think

u could use the same windscreen top trim and latch mechanism as the roadster. You'd only need to fabricate the roof itself using the mould of the cut sheetmetal

a t-top wont help much, if at all with rigidity. The twisting forces act at the edges of the roof, its the a-pillar trim running back to the b-pillar where the roof's rigidity comes from. Thats why fitting a sunroof doesnt affect rigidity, theres usually only sheetmetal in the middle

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Originally posted by ssgtbarclay@Aug 30 2005, 12:02 PM
I think it looks pretty sweet. Go for it...
[snapback]150682[/snapback]​

HMM...interesting - the wifey was discussing rigidity with me last night. :cheers:

IMHO - I'm keeping my "rigid" roof. But - whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Anyone done this? No.

Is it possible? Anything is possible with enough money, being very broad.

Is it feasible? No, not without 15+ people being convinced of a look that only photoshop can show them...and oh yeah, there's a chance it might be less safe, not to mention around $4,000. That's why there aren't tons of people jumping on this.

Who can do it? These people can, they've stated they can in the past. Just look at their work, more than capable.

How much will it cost? Around $12,000, I think the price was, without a group buy. Around $4,000 with a group buy of something like 10-20 people. Actually, it was 6 people = $6,000. Not sure if the deal would still hold true.

Don't forget about downtime and shipping costs.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
There are people that can do it. I talked to mcduck once about him doing this to his Z, but the one thing him back was where to put the panels while you're driving. There are people that can do it. It's ridiculously expensive and only worth it if you're going to do shows really. Otherwise, trade it in for a roadster. If you do that mod to a coupe, the car will never sell for a decent price.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
12 gs????

think thats a little to much

come on body work 6'gs is expensive too

i was thinking about 3 gs to do it?>

i just need to find a body shop that is skilled.

very skilled

and i would put the top in the trunk

hopefully it would fit !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
is that your Z????

NICEEE !!!!!!

i admire your work and styling

btw i live in jersey too

how is the z in the snow??????

or do u have a beater?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Good luck with getting a targa for 3k on the 350Z. The structure is just not up to it to have a shop do it for that cheap.

I see leaking and unsatisfying work in your future. :(

I would personally wait for someone to do it. Like a show car. Then shops can charge less once they know it can be done and have the process organized.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. I live in Hunterdon County. The Z doesn't like snow at all. After 1" on the ground, I wouldn't be able to make it up the slightest of hills. Unfortunately I don't have a beater, my car is a daily driver but I hope to get a beater truck to drive over the winter or borrow a car from my parents, they have a jeep cherokee that I can use. BTW, welcome to the website.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts