Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to hardwire my satellite. I'm pretty sure on how to do it, but I haven't done this work myself in a while. I figured I could just cut the cigarette lighter adaptor off and wire it to an accessory line. Does anyone have any tips or better idea? Thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
Buy the car kit with the FM modulator box - it is meant to be hardwired. Using the adapter is for the birds - looks like crap and is in the way.

Either get a head unit with it built in (or uses seperate receiver box which is also hardwaired) or get the car kit with the modulator. Only way to go.

Of course if you are using the Roady2 I am not sure you have the option of hardwiring without rigging something. Not sure I would try that. I would get a different HU and do it right before I would rig something.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I have always done the hardwiring approach, and would use the accessory wire going into the back of the stereo to do it.

Another option would be to get an "add-a-circuit" fuse plug, which will give you an expansion slot in your fuse block

[attachmentid=9739]

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts