Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a dumbass. While backing up to turn around in the parking garage this morning, I had an argument with a concrete pole. The result? A nice crumpled rear fender and bumper.

Insurance agent: "What color is your car?"
Me: "Silver with custom white stripes."

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">Well, just make sure you only look at the car from the front and everything will be fine.

Good luck with the body work.</span>

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Yeah, it really is. And to think, it was even worse with that stupid temporary registration hanging back there.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, my USAA agent appraised the damage at $2100, but acknowledged that the shop I'm going to does very good high-end work and would likely cost more. Good thing is that he said that he would be able to cut the shop an check for the extra amount (likely will total out around $2500). I guess most of labor costs goes into cutting out the rear left fender and welding in a new one. Bumper will be replaced, and they're going to do a little metal work to get the dent out from my rear right fender. Unfortunately, down time will be several weeks, but at least the car is at a good shop (Precision Auto Body in Manassas, VA). My rental Rustang is a true POS might I add...

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Yeah, it's better to go to a shop that takes their time and does quality work, rather than to a place that will rush it, even if it costs a little more. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Did that once in my previous car. Taught me a good lesson - Only back up as far as is required and no more. Never know what you're missing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bumper! Hope you get her back soon! Parallel parking makes me so nervous since I can't see the rear curb...I can park my SUV easier since I can see better...But these are sacrifices that we make for such a bad a$$ car... ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts