Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still shaking "adrenaline rush" :faint:

On the QEW Toronto at 6 pm it's usually rush hour coming back from work, the Z06 was behind me all the time until it cleared I gradually started accelerating and he's up my ass..

Now the highway is empty!! a 90 degree bend on the highway comes up and I floor it on third gear going 100 km/h reached crazy speed "was afraid to take my eyes of the road" and of course the vette was pulling on me but once It straightened he was only pulling slowly, I actually passed him cause he got stuck at a point.

When he came beside me he had a look of shock and told me that my car is pretty fast and he didn't expect that much challenge [I have the 20s on :dunno: ], he also said that his Z06 wasn't stock "I saw after market exhaust" don't know what else he had.

I'm in such a good mood now :biggrin: .. looks like that plenum spacer is doing wonders .

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
You did good against one a doze, you did good. He's got an extra $20 g's on ya.

·
Registered
187 Posts
One of my best friends has an 04 Z06 and all i saw was his rear licence plate anytime we raced. I never beat him until I modded my car out and had a S/C installed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have to agree with Mario, it a highway race, let alone from a dig, it wouldn't even be close with the mods that you have in your sig. Not trying to belittle or start anything, just stating facts. A friend of mine has an 03' Z06 with the Corsa pace-car exhaust. The car is a beast. We went to the track about a week ago, and he ran his personal best of a 12.38 at 118 mph. We have raced on the highway before, and my 350 is far from stock, I have stillen cat-back, stillen test pipes, ur crank/underdrive pulleys, kinetix V4 plenum, AEM CAI as performance mods, and I got toasted. With all my mods, I have run a best of a 13.32 at 108 mph. There is no way, without FI or the AEBS stoker kit a 350 will keep up with a Z06, especially when you get above 130 mph. Those cars pull like **** up over 150!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
[/quote]

?? I guess you missed the very first mod on my sig.
:doh:

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
[/quote]

My bad bro. :doh: I was about to post an 04' Z06 dyno sheet too, lol
My applogies. Either way here is a link to a stock 04'Z06 dyno from vettweb.com

04 Z06 dyno

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[/quote]

I don't think I said I beat the Z06!! all I said that the guy gave me props for not disappearing from his rear view mirror, and keep in mind that the race was mostly around a sharp highway bend.. I've passed a Farrari 360 modena because the driver was too chicken to drive fast on the bend.

That Z06 guy had balls I was going 230 km/h on that bend and my rear end was hair line from loosing traction..

I'm sure he was doing his best just like I was!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'll give it to the Z, on a twisty road, the Z can hold its own, even against the Z06. It won't beat it, like you said, but he isnt' going to get that far away from you. I thought you were talking about a straightout highway race. My Bad!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts