Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right on my way back up to my hood from the Bronx... just driving minding my own buisness, when i see some lights coming up quick... almost as if he was coming for directly for me.... so i wait to see whats up....

Silver R32 coming up quick... so i down shift to keep pace... didnt want to run yet... i wanted to get a better look at the car... as i look over I notice this guy has his girl in the car... so i figure its time to show her that her man should have bought a faster car... I rev .. he looks over ... i count down with my fingers ..3..2..1... and were off... i got the jump and left him by about 1 maybe 1 1/2 cars.... started from about 70mph...

but the main event is soon to come....

we come up to a part of the higway that is notorious for cops waiting for speeders, and this guy decides to do a flyby... so i let him... and ther he goes... I can see him about 1/4 mile ahead and let him be for now....

Now i get to the safe zone... no more cops... and im coming for him... like a lion hunting his prey... i pass him now cause we are in traffic...

so im watching him and he wants to go south... so i stay in the lane for south... and here he comes.... blows right past me.... but i knew that there was a tight turn coming so i let him go .... he almost eats the turn... he got the R32 sides ways with plenty of tire smoke but he held on.... and now we're off!!

he got the jump on me because he was ahead... he has like 3 car lengths on me.... i take everygear to almost redline.... and im coming ... lil by lil im gaining.... 80(2 car lengths) 90(1 car length) 100( on his ass) 110( side by side) 120( i got him) 130( 2 car lengths) 137( time to slow down).... Thats the fast i ever driven anything and i was pumped.... i came from behind ate him up and **** him out.... it was great....

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:rolf2: I had no idea the NYC had any open roads like that. I thought it was always jammed with traffic, no matter what time of day.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Sep 6 2005, 10:11 AM
:rolf2:  I had no idea the NYC had any open roads like that.  I thought it was always jammed with traffic, no matter what time of day.
[snapback]152850[/snapback]​

:doh: :rolf2:

I was on the Saw Mill Pkwy.... Its 3 lanes for about 3 miles and cops can't sit wait there because there is no emergency lane or grass or anything.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Sep 6 2005, 10:11 AM
:rolf2:  I had no idea the NYC had any open roads like that.  I thought it was always jammed with traffic, no matter what time of day.
[snapback]152850[/snapback]​

The outer boroughs have some roads that could handle those speeds. Traffic usually does limit it during the day though. But since he said he was on his way home from the Bronx, it was a safe bet he was outside of NYC already

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by Jetpilot718@Sep 6 2005, 03:56 PM
Not to mention, you can easily do 100 on the GWB..  ;)
[snapback]153004[/snapback]​

:wink: In the Z, you can easily do a 100 anywhere! :burnout:

·
Registered
172 Posts
But the Robert Moses Causway bridge is 120+ with no problems at the right time of year. Or ocean pkwy at 5-6 pm there is a blk carrera s that loves to race to 140 anytime he gets a chance.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
R32s are quite impressive. A lot of their numbers aren't too far behind those of the Z, including the $29k+ price tag

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
its a well built german car. I had a friend who owned one, dropped a turbo on that baby....the car was impressive. the engine was hissing like a snake.

he totalled the car a month later

·
Registered
300 Posts
Originally posted by illz33+Sep 7 2005, 09:53 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2005, 11:50 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-illz33
@Sep 7 2005, 11:45 AM
the R32 Skyline is a German built car?
[snapback]153256[/snapback]​

No, but the VW R32 is
[snapback]153260[/snapback]​

Roger. :doh:
[snapback]153264[/snapback]​

Glad I was not the only one confused here. A little more specific please.....next time. But good kill story nonetheless. I just like to picture the other vehicle and I was not sure. "A Skyline in the Bronx? Must be a GTI?"

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I think in all fairness when someone mentions an R32 in the US they are most likely talking about the VW, not the Skyline/GT-R

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like the VW R32... its a good looking car and it has some nice #s... I was actually gonna wait for that to come out, but when i sat in the Z I looked too sexy to pass it up... besides I knew someone at the dealership... :irock: :irock: :irock:

I actually thought the R32 would have run alittle faster and put up a better fight.... Im not downing the car at all, but i just imagined it a bit faster...

I knew based on stock numbers that I could take him.. especially at higher speeds...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts