• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the main topics that are being debated in most of the threads right now so I figured a nice poll just to see where everyone stands wouldn't be a bad idea, and kind of a refrence on what everyone is expecting.

Just pick what you think will be in the GTR.

Lets keep all the arguing and debating in the other specific threads.

Feel free to explain if you choose other on any of the questions.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
V6
TT
Paddle shifter

just because....

dave is wondering why he couldn't get his poll to work earlier...must be user error

N

·
0 Posts
the engine IS a 3.7-8 V6 TT where does this V-8 stuff keep coming from ?

·
Registered
370 Posts
the engine IS a 3.7-8 V6 TT where does this V-8 stuff keep coming from ?
that wasnt confirmed...

anyway i expect 3.5L V6 TT 6MT although i wouldnt be surprised if some sort of 'automatic' were available

·
Registered
610 Posts
I voted:
V6
TT
Six-speed

The reason why is because there is no possibility of an Inline Six, and the idea of a V8 which is rumored to be a possibility at nissanusa.com for the next gtr is for me, at least not going to happen. But who knows, maybe they will use it for the supercar GTR.

·
Registered
541 Posts
V8
TT
6spd manual

i may not see it, but i want it. a V6 would make me just as happy, though. in light of supercars today sporting V8, 10, and 12s, i cannot see an 8 being impossible. the wrench in the machine of my thinking, however, is that Porsche continually refines their Boxster-6, in both TT and N/A form, with staggering power output. so Nissan may actually do the same with their VQ. it's race proven and among one of the best V6s ever made. believe me, if she's a 6 in any form, be it a surprise RB variant or the VQ, i can bet you the GTR is going to be beyond satisfying and amazing all over again.

furthermore, if the GTR is available ONLY as a manual, that would just be an incredible statement.

·
Registered
35 Posts
V6
TT
Seven speed sequential/paddle shifter

To me, this seems like the best way for the GT-R to keep alive the tradition of being a technological tour de force.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'll be happy with any configuration. V8 sounds very 'domestic' but I would definitely prefer that, if I had a choice. Then we wouldn't have to spend $1500 on an exhaust and only get 12 whp. Bigger displacement engine takes breathing mods much better. an exhaust on a 12 cylinder engine can get you up to like 40whp or more.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think anything more than 6 cylinders will take away from the dynamics of the car. You can make the same power with a 6, so why not. Just like Chevrolet did with the Corvette, you can make the same power with a small block V8 so why stick with a big block, the older Corvettes use to have Big Block V8s. But with the better technology they are making the same power with small block V8s.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts