Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style="color:darkblue">I got this link on, of all places, a Civic forum. link</span>

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Hmm...I guess I need more time to look over the car (like in person). So far, I like the looks. Looks like they took a 350 and installed a totally different rear end on it. The front end could use some work; I don't think it's aerodynamic enough.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
WOW i think it looks sick, i actually like it! anyone know the specs it will have?

Lo Fi thats bad ass too!!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, Lo Fi, that front end really is fugly though. I'd rather have the old concept (the one in the vid) over the one from R&T

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Jay, I'm gonna have to kick you a$$ in FFL for calling that R&T pic fugly. I agree with Lo Fi; I like it better than the vid. Just the front end, though.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha. Jaysen liked it. I called it fugly. And the front end is the worst part! Those wheel wells are huge bubbles, they stick out way too far. And then to have the front slope down with them, it's gonna look all stumpy when you see a profile. The front is way too similar to an RX-8 for my taste

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
My bad. I'm having a senior moment...and I'm 34!

At least the wheels on the concept by R&T are flush with the wells. Why Nissan put narrow wheels on both the Z32 and Z33 is beyond me. Wider is better...

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm guessing because the Z is supposed to be cheap (read affordable), and wider tires cost more money. Plus, at some point, wider is too wide, and performance is lost.

And regardless of whether or not the tires are flush, the car is still fugly. Besides, it's a concept, that's half the point of a concept, to look fugly so that whatever the production car looks like, you'll love it cause it isn't the same as the concept

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I like that kind of psychology. "Start out fugly, then introduce a sweet production car."

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Jul 28 2004, 10:51 AM
I'm guessing because the Z is supposed to be cheap (read affordable), and wider tires cost more money. Plus, at some point, wider is too wide, and performance is lost.

And regardless of whether or not the tires are flush, the car is still fugly. Besides, it's a concept, that's half the point of a concept, to look fugly so that whatever the production car looks like, you'll love it cause it isn't the same as the concept

I disagree. I think, a lot of times, the conscept looks kickass, but the pussify it for the real world and take all novelty right out of it. They'll prob do that with either on of those concepts. Only difference is that I don't think they to do anything to the R&T concept...but then I haven't seen the rear end yet.

BTW - I also think the RX-8 looks incredible, although I don't think that concept looks anything like. I can, however, see how someone might be able to say that because of the front wheel wells.

Bottom line...you're all wrong, and if you say otherwise...

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
(by: smoothZ) Jay, I'm gonna have to kick you a$$ in FFL for calling that R&T pic fugly. I agree with Lo Fi; I like it better than the vid. Just the front end, though.
thx smooth, i think you had a brain fart on that one

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Lo Fi Ched@Jul 28 2004, 12:14 PM
BTW - I also think the RX-8 looks incredible, although I don't think that concept looks anything like.  I can, however, see how someone might be able to say that because of the front wheel wells.

Yeah, I was specifically speaking of the wheel wells and the placement (not shape) of the headlights.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
That car looked sick. I like it better than the R/T concept by far.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Well, looks like I'm the only one who likes the R&T concept. Oh well. I'm used to not fitting in.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by Lo Fi Ched@Jul 28 2004, 02:06 PM
Well, looks like I'm the only one who likes the R&T concept.  Oh well.  I'm used to not fitting in. 

Not! I'm with you. I like the R&T concept also.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Cadillac CTS?... I don't like all the hard lines...Z33 integrates better.

Front end appears 'too wide'...(RX-8ish, with those fenders...& I DON'T like the looks of them) They cd clean up that 'black hole' grille with a horizontal element like a chrome/billet insert....

What I do like is the 'future perfect' overall feel. '58 Chrysler wings all over again. Definitely interesting enough to keep me wondering how it'll turn out.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I actually like the "black whole" grill area. One of my pet peeves is grills. I prefer sports cars with no grill. It looks, I don't know, meaner.

As far as being too wide in the front, that could just be the camera angle. Cameras make things closer to the lens appear larger, and if they were using a macro lense, it's even more exaggerated. Hard to determine unless I see it from the side, top, and rear.

Also, GT-R's have always had hard lines. In fact, the R34 was probably the boxiest of the modern GT-R's, but that thing is badass.

In all honesty, I'd rather see a mutation of the R34, maybe the same basic style, but sweep everything back a little to make it more aerodynamic.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Maybe something like this, except without the overexaggerated grill holes in the bumper.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts