Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there everyone! I just joined the forum and was wondering if anybody might be interesting in running GTR turbos on the 350z/g35

I was able to score a set of manifolds and turbos from a 30k miles GTR for under $1,000 so it is a very viable option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Good luck with that. The VQ35DE/HR are quite different from the VR38VTT design. The manifolds are completely different, and that says nothing about the software changes needed to make them run properly.

As the saying goes: "If it were all that easy, everyone would be doing it."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck with that. The VQ35DE/HR are quite different from the VR38VTT design. The manifolds are completely different, and that says nothing about the software changes needed to make them run properly.

As the saying goes: "If it were all that easy, everyone would be doing it."

Haha funny you say that, as I'm almost done with the project, just need to finish up the downpipe and intercooler piping.
That picture I posted is of the GTR turbos on a VQ35de.

Thanks for your input though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Yeah, it's always funny being a skeptic. But showing one picture and being "almost done with the project" makes me wonder. How many custom parts were needed to make this swap? Is this a stock VQ35DE, or are there custom parts fabbed to make the manifolds fit? How long will this VQ last with an OEM bottom end? What kind of engine management are you planning to run once you get finished? Finally, are you trying to generate interest in a business with these threads?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it's always funny being a skeptic. But showing one picture and being "almost done with the project" makes me wonder. How many custom parts were needed to make this swap? Is this a stock VQ35DE, or are there custom parts fabbed to make the manifolds fit? How long will this VQ last with an OEM bottom end? What kind of engine management are you planning to run once you get finished? Finally, are you trying to generate interest in a business with these threads?

I'm doing this on a 370Z actually but it has been done for a 2003 350Z before. Stock block is good for 500 whp on the 370z, just needed a manifold adapter to fit the whole thing, and a modified motor mount bracket to clear the piping.

"Engine management" is done through ECUTek as with every FI build, along with a bigger fuel pump and GTR Injectors.

Turbos are good for 650~WHP if the block is built, but i'm currently on a budget so only aiming for 450~WHP daily.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Funny- never heard of this swap being easily done on a 350Z before. Do you have a link to a build thread? When you say the "stock block is good for 500 whp", are you referring to the VQ35DE or the 370Z VQ37VHR?

And you never answered my last question, are you trying to build business with these kits?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts