Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

GTR Colors

• Total voters
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I hope nissan offers a flat, non-pearl white.
This is the look that I am a little afraid of with black:

I'm not sure if I like gray parts on a black car, which is how I'd imagine it would look if you arent up close. I guess it is something I'd have to see in person?

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I don't think its unlikely that the upcoming GT-R will have unpainted carbon fibre parts.

Its becoming more and more popular these days. CF is the new black. Even the R34 had unpainted CF parts (the wing, and on the V-specs the rear diffuser).

I voted for silver, since it looks more like pewter in the images. I would love to see the new GT-R painted in gunmetal grey, to hearken back to the original R32 "Godzilla". I think the shape would suit it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The more I thought about it the more I think it wouldn't actually look too bad. As long as the pieces flow with the car. The pic above is of parts that are obviously after-market. I think that's why they stand-out so bad. If Nissan keeps the lower sections CF (like on the proto), I don't think it'll look out of place at all...no matter what color is choosen.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The more I thought about it the more I think it wouldn't actually look too bad. As long as the pieces flow with the car. The pic above is of parts that are obviously after-market. I think that's why they stand-out so bad. If Nissan keeps the lower sections CF (like on the proto), I don't think it'll look out of place at all...no matter what color is choosen.
I still expect to see some carbon fiber on the bodywork of the GTR, but I still think it will be tonned down from what the proto has on it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have some of my favorite styles for the Proto, and really I think it's either silver/gray or black for me with Black Nismo LMGT4's.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have some of my favorite styles for the Proto, and really I think it's either silver/gray or black for me with Black Nismo LMGT4's.

yep, if it keeps the two tone look black LMGgt's are perfect. execpt nismo is gonna have to come out with a new wheel by then . this thing is gonna be running 20"s

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
I like the black just because I prefer my cars to be all one color. If the trim (under the headlights, the grille bar, etc...) were body color, I'd choose blue.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts