Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people,

I 've got this link from one of the performance garages. I want to modify my car as per previous thread but this is what they gave me. instead of gettin a CAI they suggest to fully change the factory airbox and so on.

Any suggestions and advice wud be great.

http://www.gruppem.co.jp/application/ram_e...oto/fr-0201.htm

How would I noe if some performance garages are chargin me the right price and some rippin me off.

(I hate getting ripped off :banghead: )

Thanks

·
Registered
747 Posts
Although I like the design of the airbox and filter, the tubing is very poor.

A cheaper and better constructed kit would be the Blitz Sonic Power filter with carbon intake. I chose this one over the Gruppe.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oooo **** the kit looks neat!

Where wud i be able to get one and how much wud the blitz sonic power filter set me back?

how much output wud it give for the 350Z?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
QUOTE (MR RIZK @ Mar 9 2008, 02:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=504681
Gruppem is one of the only intakes that have been proven to make gains for the cars they make them for.
Huh? Whether an intake makes power has more to do with the car than the intake. You bring me any car with that intake and a dyno sheet and I'll match it with a homemade intake.

·
Registered
747 Posts
QUOTE (i8acobra @ Mar 10 2008, 01:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=504695
Huh? Whether an intake makes power has more to do with the car than the intake. You bring me any car with that intake and a dyno sheet and I'll match it with a homemade intake.
Easy there cowboy. I think what Mike is trying to say is GruppeM has done extensive r&d to prove their products do make power gains, regardless it's 1kw or 10 or whatever.

·
Registered
936 Posts
QUOTE (i8acobra @ Mar 10 2008, 12:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=504695
I'm sure it has something to do with the intake aswell :/

chillax m8 :nunchuk:

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
QUOTE (mxfly @ Mar 9 2008, 08:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=505067
Easy there cowboy. I think what Mike is trying to say is GruppeM has done extensive r&d to prove their products do make power gains, regardless it's 1kw or 10 or whatever.
He said "only"... meaning other companies don't test their products. That's simply a ridiculous statement to make. I think the only intakes that aren't dyno tested are the ones you get on eBay for $50.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all Z33 owners & modification experts>

Here we are almost in 2020 and is this intake still being manufactured ?

I'm thinking of ordering one for next season, more for show than anything else.

Power gains would be great but more for looks/show/exclusivity.

Thank you for the previous comments. These cars seem to age like fine wine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts