Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a bit about grounding kits but would like some info from Z owners themselves. Anyone care to share? Advantages/disadvantages, qualities, costs, etc.....

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
basically what it is doing is increasing the grounding effect of the factory grounding from my understanding. it also might help to smooth your idle a bit and possibly a better throttle response, but i would say that the gains are gonna be minimal. i really think it makes th engine bay look a lot nicer! i would say you might be able to get it around for $40+. i hope this helps you out, and anyone correct me if im wrong in any areas

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I have been reading a lot about this lately, and it seems like a pretty decent expenditure. In other words, buy it if you have $50 to blow on your engine bay. I would. Go to the premier site for these for more information.

In fact, I think I'm going to buy the 5 wire kit in blue for mine in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
OMG Smooth, this is the easiest thing to install and really adds POP to your engine bay. It was my second mod and I love the way it looks. It has improved my shifting in my 5 AT. Don't know about physical gains, but I don't care. I got my first one from Z-Xtreme.com and got the 6 wire kit in clear/silver. B/c of the clear tubing it yellowed slightly from the heat. I got back in touch w/ insaneamine and he replaced it for me w/ the smoked kit which I actually prefer w/ my Brickyard. He has many colors too, I think 3 difft blues. I was considering this one from courtesy parts b/c it has mylar sheathing and looks pretty nice, but since he replace mine free, I decided against spending the $. Both kits will run about $80 but worth every penny in my book. link to maxx grouding kit from courtesy

Pics of z-xtreme.com colors

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Grounding kits are definitely cosmetic mods. As I'm starting to plan out my engine bay cosmetics, I've thought about getting one to match. The hard part is finding a blue that matches my CAI. I'm guessing it's the second blue down, but who knows

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yep, it's a great little dress up mod nothing more. I spent $40 on materials and did my own, and as far as instructions there are links that could probably be found somewhere. Not sure if we have a DIY thread here? Moderators? It's really pretty simple.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts