Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ground kit on ebay
what do you think about this grounding kit? Does it compare to the z-extreme or other manufacturer's kits? Just want to know before I decide to pay $80. Does anyone on here have this kit from this guy and is it good. Thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Why doesn't anyone share their ideas or thoughts with me on this subject. I thought this forum was good for feedback and response and thats why I joined it. So far Jinxy is the only one who has really helped.

:F-you:

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
My Z-extreme grounding kit didn't help anything at all. Of course, it was a gift to me, so I am very grateful. I do not think I could justify paying any amount of money for a kit though. I didn't notice any changes.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Pearly, all the forums are kinda slow on the weekend. Esp if you post late night (like 1130pm) Give the guys time to wake up on a monday morning :rolf2:

Like Buddy said, the kits won't REALLY do anything but can't hurt, and they look nice. I would be leery of buying anything off ebay for the Z concerning performance tho. You can get a nice grounding kit for $89 at courtesy nissan and that is from a trusted source. I am sure you can find one for around that price from someone who IS trusted instead of EBAY. Just my thoughts. :cheers: And thanks for the kind words :wink:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah sorry about that, i have been so stressed with my window tint and door panel thing that I am getting pissed at everything, plus working 25 hours a week and going to school full time sucks. :doh:

But thanks for the information. I read on some other forums and people were very pleased with the grounding kit and said that they could feel a difference, but that it was different for each car. I think i am going to go ahead and try it.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Ground Kit is a nice mod for a splash of bling or color under the hood. I have a max ground 5 wire on mine, but honestly I cant feel anything, but surely there is some advantage to having multiple ground points.

so other than looking good, not sure what you get from it!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Not worth $80, that's for sure. There are other things you can use the money for, like a good tank of premium and a country drive. Or part of an intake. Now that's a better mod than the grounding kit.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
you are not going to "feel" a grounding kit.

unless of course you have one of those newer butt dyno. No, wait. Nope, still not going to tell.

Save your money for something the car really needs.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by illz33@Sep 27 2005, 04:09 PM
you are not going to "feel" a grounding kit.

unless of course you have one of those newer butt dynos.  No, wait.  Nope, still not going to tell.

Save your money for something the car really needs.
[snapback]158542[/snapback]​

:yourock: :wavey: :lmfao: :lmfao: :rolf2:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah exhaust will be my next mod for sure, hopefully borla!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
yeah exhaust will be my next mod for sure, hopefully borla!!!

I made my own using high quality stereo wire. Its not on a Z, but on a 13 year old Honda, it brought some of the old electronics back to life.

Its real easy and I did it for about 20.00.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I made my own using high quality stereo wire. Its not on a Z, but on a 13 year old Honda, it brought some of the old electronics back to life.
Its real easy and I did it for about 20.00.

Yeah, sure. If you have electronics that aren't working or otherwise poor grounding , you will benefit.

Otherwise.. I believe them to be a COMPLETE waste of money.

Current issue of Import Tuner provides dyno tuning of an RSX. It made a whopping .4 hp. Yes, .4.. Point four.

"Wow, these wires are awesome! I can really fell the difference."

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, sure. If you have electronics that aren't working or otherwise poor grounding , you will benefit.

Otherwise.. I believe them to be a COMPLETE waste of money.

Current issue of Import Tuner provides dyno tuning of an RSX. It made a whopping .4 hp. Yes, .4.. Point four.

"Wow, these wires are awesome! I can really fell the difference."

More or less that was the point, and I only beefed up the original ground locations. Example-

I THOUGHT I had a blown headlight, but as soon as I put the new grounds in, it lit up fine.

I see no benefit whatsover on newer vehicles.

I also wanted to let him know it can be done cheaper, as some people will do a mod even if told its useless.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the info, I did try to go to a local audio store but the owner told me that by the time I got 10 ft and the connectors it would be around 40 bucks anyway so he said that i should just buy a kit for 40-50 bucks and save my time. I will figure something out with my innovative mind.

:doh:

·
Registered
10 Posts
thanks for the info, I did try to go to a local audio store but the owner told me that by the time I got 10 ft and the connectors it would be around 40 bucks anyway so he said that i should just buy a kit for 40-50 bucks and save my time. I will figure something out with my innovative mind.

:doh:

Ebay, I got 4gauge Stinger cable(16-1800 strand) for like a 1.00 FT. Also bought gold connectors in bulk(25) off ebay for less than 10.00.

****, if you really wanna do it, I have plenty of connectors, just pay shipping and I can send you some.

:cheers:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the offer, I knew I should have checked the posts before I ordered the kit. Thats ok, it was only 48 shipped and the way I look at it is I will make my engine bay light up a little more when I pop my hood. Thanks again. Oh by the way could you "feel" a smoother idle or ride? Just wondering

1 - 17 of 17 Posts