Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had this happen?
I installed the self-adhesive grille strips from Coastal Metals this summer. All was fine and dandy until October/November when the edges started coming un-glued. I've tried other adhesives (3M spray glue, and some automotive trim glue from Wal-Mart). They all last until it rains (which is like every 3 days here).
Before I Epoxy the living sh*t out of the strips and permanently fix them to the grille, I was wondering if there is something else I should try.

Thanks!

Aaron

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good suggestion. I just ran home at lunch and tried the cable tie suggestion. It works, but looks kinda ghetto. I can't see it from far away, but up close, it's quite visable.

Hmmm.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Study -
I picked up some silicone-based adhesive, and applied it this morning. Holding it tight with cable ties for the next 12 hours or so. I'll let you know how it works.

Thanks!

·
Registered
406 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have check out this site? There is a 'how-to' called tricked out grille on that site. :smiley69:

I have had the Chrome grille strips on since 11/02, I hot glued the underside about every 4 inchs. If you do not use something when the sun heats them up they will come lose.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Have check out this site? There is a 'how-to' called tricked out grille on that site. :smiley69:
I have had the Chrome grille strips on since 11/02, I hot glued the underside about every 4 inchs. If you do not use something when the sun heats them up they will come lose.
<div align="right">[snapback]71773[/snapback]
That's an excellent suggestion. I like the added insurance the glue gun could provide!

:clap:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts