Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoo HOO! :irock: Got the stillen/street scenes black chrome grill on, the Varis CF B pillar covers and the evo-r.net CF lip cover all on. The grille was a bi*ch b/c of my intake tube, the lip of the tube had lodged itself right where the grille should be so while she was up on the jack (found my old hydrolic hooray) I had to disasemble the lower half of the intake and resituate it so that the grille could fit in properly. Also b/c of the panels that are on either side of the grille on the far ends, the grille was sticking out a little, so I managed to CRAM my fingers up and under this panel and get a few clips for the grille on the far outsides. Other than that, everything went smoothly, thanks Tere for the adhesion promoter advice, I was set to put it on the adhesive and not the panel! OK enough babble except one thing more. I thought that the "black" chrome would be BLACK turns out it is a dark kind of anthricite color, in some light it is dark, other light it shines, very odd but I think it works w/ the CF. Pics!!!! :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Me likey :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Mind if i ask how much u paid for the grille?? I'm looking into getting the same one. Also are the cf pillers and lip overlays?? More like stickers ??

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grille was on sale thru stillen for $165~ The CF Bpillar is a body piece attached w/ the red tape you would attach a lip or side skirts w/. The lip cover is fiberglass wrapped in CF and is attached the same way. They gave me an adhesion promoter that makes the red body tape even stronger.....

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
You are the CF queen on this site. I will never have CF on my Z, but that's just me. I guess I like some of the original layout too much.

·
Registered
785 Posts
i dont like the grill, never was a fan of that grill. but the rest of the pieces look great! as soon as i buy these tires (tomorrow) im buying some springs and then its cf time, maybe not as much as you, but there will be plenty visable.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Cars looking great Jinx! The CF matches very well with the BY

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL DiRN you knew somehow you'd get your way!!! :biggrin: although I DON'T think I will be powder coating it just yet.......Yeah I really have the CF bug goin on.....what's next?

Jaysen, Jet, Dave yall are too kind! I think she is shaping up quite nicely...

Chris, I didn't vote for this grille at first either, it was hubby's preference but I am really liking it now. Ah, can't please everyone, I like it! :wavey:

·
Registered
39 Posts
The grill and panels look very sharp! Does it replace the OEM grill, or is it attached to it? Are there any studies on how these aftermarket grills affect air flow?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Love the CF Jinxx! Looks great on the BY.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I've never been a huge fan of grilles. I like my cheap ass door trim grille better than any of the aftermarket ones I've seen, but I'm lovin those CF pillars!

What's next for CF? Seems like you've got almost anything I can think of except maybe the rear strut bar, and a hood or other body pieces (and I know you don't want to replace the brickyard). Maybe do the console?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts