Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello-

I'm giving up my motorcycle (just totaled it) and I am going to placate my need for speed with a Z.

My previous Z was a 1978 (in 1978). I've had lots of motorcycles and sports cars since then. I still have my 1975 Triumph TR6, which of course needs lots of work.

I came very close to buying a 2005 Mustang GT...but it just wasn't me. I grew up with Porsche 911s- the first car I ever drove was a 1969 911-T.
I am so impressed with the new Z. My budget will allow me to purchase a 2003/2004 in excellent shape with low miles, based on my research.

Is there anything I need to be concerned about?

Thanks for any replies.

3FIFTYZEE :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
The only thing you need to worry about is wiping the grin off your face when you start driving it on a regular basis. Welcome to this board, and I hope you get the Z. I bought mine in March, and I used to own a 1990 300ZX. I had a Mustang GT for 6 months and hated it. Don't get the Mustang.

The usual concerns exist with any new car or new design. It has it's hiccups and idiosynchrocies, but they are minor and can be fixed by the dealer because of existing TSB's. I have had it taken in for window grease streaks, tire feathering, and that's about it. I've already started with mods (minor), but I'm sure it will continue.

What trims are you looking at?

Dave

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
For the most part you will only have to worry about minor TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins). These are for grease streaks on the windows, your rear axle possibly clicking, tire feathering, etc. These are all minor and can be fixed by the dealer for free. To follow off of Dave's post, what model are you looking at? I went with the performance model because it was the best bang for the buck and I knew I was going to be replacing/upgrading different things. Good luck with your decision, keep in mind that if you are looking for certain colors, they might be discontinued. I have a brickyard that was only available in 2003, and now the liquid aluminum was only available in 2004 and since then has been discontinued as well.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Jan 2 2005, 04:43 PM
The only thing you need to worry about is wiping the grin off your face when you start driving it on a regular basis.  Welcome to this board, and I hope you get the Z.  I bought mine in March, and I used to own a 1990 300ZX.  I had a Mustang GT for 6 months and hated it.  Don't get the Mustang.

The usual concerns exist with any new car or new design.  It has it's hiccups and idiosynchrocies, but they are minor and can be fixed by the dealer because of existing TSB's.  I have had it taken in for window grease streaks, tire feathering, and that's about it.  I've already started with mods (minor), but I'm sure it will continue.

Dave

Hi SZ.....What's new? By the way, have you figured out how to wipe this thing off my face? I'm starting to think it's become permanent....I was kicked out of a friend's house last week when he and his GF started arguing....I'm sure the reason for the request to leave was my grin.....LOL

p.s. Welcome 3FIFTYZEE....This is a great forum.....Dave

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by FLZ+Jan 2 2005, 09:24 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SmoothZ
@Jan 2 2005, 04:43 PM
The only thing you need to worry about is wiping the grin off your face when you start driving it on a regular basis.  Welcome to this board, and I hope you get the Z.  I bought mine in March, and I used to own a 1990 300ZX.  I had a Mustang GT for 6 months and hated it.  Don't get the Mustang.

The usual concerns exist with any new car or new design.  It has it's hiccups and idiosynchrocies, but they are minor and can be fixed by the dealer because of existing TSB's.  I have had it taken in for window grease streaks, tire feathering, and that's about it.  I've already started with mods (minor), but I'm sure it will continue.

Dave

Hi SZ.....What's new? By the way, have you figured out how to wipe this thing off my face? I'm starting to think it's become permanent....I was kicked out of a friend's house last week when he and his GF started arguing....I'm sure the reason for the request to leave was my grin.....LOL

p.s. Welcome 3FIFTYZEE....This is a great forum.....Dave

:lmfao: I'm sure some people get freaked out when confronted by a 'Cheshire Cat.'

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm waiting for the insurance companies to have a meeting of the minds (i.e. decide who's paying up and how much) before I can buy the Z. Meanwhile, I research and internet shop, and drool.

As far as mods to the car, I'll think about that when I get the car. Trim level won't be as important as just finding the right car. I'll know it when I see it.

By the way, I'm very impressed with this site-it's a keeper.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Thanks man! We hope to see you stick around too! :cheers:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Originally posted by 3FIFTYZEE@Jan 3 2005, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm waiting for the insurance companies to have a meeting of the minds (i.e. decide who's paying up and how much) before I can buy the Z. Meanwhile, I research and internet shop, and drool.

As far as mods to the car, I'll think about that when I get the car. Trim level won't be as important as just finding the right car. I'll know it when I see it.

By the way, I'm very impressed with this site-it's a keeper.

Insurance company that has a "meeting of the mind?" Is there such a thing?......My insurance $, are'nt that far away from my car payment......And I'm a "safe" driver.....Whatever that means.....Good thing Geico does'nt watch me day to day.....p.s. Shhhhhh......{THIS POST DOES NOT APPLY TO GEICO AGENTS...:) }

p.s. I have no personal friendship with Dave, but he is one of few who make this a great forum..........(not me Dave "FLZ" but.....Dave079)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts