Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fortunate enough to be able to tune with Sharif last week along with Eric from CP Racing in Charlotte, NC. It was such a relief to be able to tune with someone that knows the Greddy Kit and the 350z as well as Sharif does. I installed the kit about a month ago along with a return fuel setup and the shielded CAS wire. Because of the rising rate FPR I was running extremely rich under boost and was not seeing the performance that I was expecting, not to mention that the car would hesitate and stumble in the higher RPMs. I contacted Sharif and with his guidance installed the E01 and the Timing harness and made an appointment to meet him at CP Race to tune. It could not have went any smoother, the ride up there was nice and about three hours on the dyno and I was on my way. I was really happy to see the numbers that I did and I think the consensus was had I not been running the stock exhaust and 20" wheels that I could have possibly seen even high gains. The car runs great and the is definitely a night and day difference between where I was before tuning and the way the car feels now. Thank you to Sharif for all of his help and knowledge and to Eric and the rest of the crew at CP Racing.[attachmentid=8961]

Attachments

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
8.5 psi and 383 tq.

ayman, he lives in (Charolette I believe) North Carolina. PM gq_626...that'd be him. :)

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Congrats....I know how you felt with the car stumbling above 4Krpm or so...mine is blowing black smoke at those rev's now. Glad you have her pulling strong...how does your A/F curve look?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Never underestimate the power of a power tuner!

It's not just the parts, but how they work together. Lots of folks spend lots of $ & fall down at that point. Props for seeing it through, & props to your power tuner!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by KShep@Jun 30 2005, 06:37 AM

Congrats....I know how you felt with the car stumbling above 4Krpm or so...mine is blowing black smoke at those rev's now.  Glad you have her pulling strong...how does your A/F curve look? 
[snapback]124307[/snapback]​

Thanks KShep,
Air fuel display is on this chart... I don't usually see a reading on the AEM Gauge during boost since it only goes to 11.1 so I feel like I am still far from leaning out too much.

Oh, and thank you for your help a while back +[attachmentid=8990] the diagram for the ignition harness, it definitely came in handy.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by lionkiller@Jun 30 2005, 11:06 AM
Never underestimate the power of a power tuner!

It's not just the parts, but how they work together.  Lots of folks spend lots of $ & fall down at that point.  Props for seeing it through, & props to your power tuner!
[snapback]124484[/snapback]​

I'm lucky to have been close enough to tune with Sharif, he defiantley knows his stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts