Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i was wondering if the Greddy TT kit will be compatible with my AT tranny. My choice right know is the vortec but i've alway been a turbo fanatic. So far im going with the vortec becouse i heard that some turbo kits do not comply with the AT tranny becouse of how wide the AT tranny is one Example is Turbonetics o and that was the choice i was going to go with before i heard that but now im wondering if i could do the greddy TT kit since is cheeper now and if I would have any clearence problems with the tranny. Can somebody tell me if they ever heard an AT with the greddy kit and tell me good prices that they have seen.

thanks would really appreciate the help

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Originally posted by Fairlady_z_33@Jul 19 2005, 02:06 PM
thanks does anybody know of any good prices and what does the kit include thanks ive doen research but havent found that much info on what includes
[snapback]134018[/snapback]​

Here is a link, just scroll down to item #11520093.

http://www.gscmotorsports.com/products/?id=2095

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
If you go to....

Marketplace-->Part Reviews-->Forced Induction-->Turbochargers-->GReddy Twin Turbocharger Kit

It lists all of the specs. And price is around $5800.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Some worries, but I STRONGLY suggest getting it tuned by a professional. I see you are in Alabama, I would drive to Charlotte, NC and get it tuned by Forged Internals (Sharif). He is great with the eManage.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Originally posted by Nis350ZTT@Jul 20 2005, 04:03 PM
Some worries, but I STRONGLY suggest getting it tuned by a professional. I see you are in Alabama, I would drive to Charlotte, NC and get it tuned by Forged Internals (Sharif). He is great with the eManage.
[snapback]134715[/snapback]​

+1...just as important is to have the kit INSTALLED by a shop that has experience with the GReddy kit. CP Racing and Sharif are tuning mine now in Charlotte.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
guys im from miami florida and the only good shop in miami for imports is dynamic turbo wich they are pretty good they done a couple of greddy kits but never an AT should i gio with them or r their any other shops around miami that r good o and intallation fee with them is around 1k

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Japtrix is supposed to be good. I would consider taking it to them. I think they are in Tampa, i'm not positive what-so-ever on that though. I could ask around if you do want to know where they are.

$1,000 seems too cheap for a GReddy TT install, I would be wary of that. Even $2,000 should be suspicious. Great prices doesn't usually mean good work. Also, don't forget that you have to factor in the price of tuning.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Even if your shop is experienced with a Greddy TT install it will take 25 hours. $1000/25=$40 per hour....that is some cheap shop labor, especially for Miami. I 'm with Niz350TT...expect a competent install to cost $2k minimum...plus another $600+ for tuning. As far as I know...the install on a 5AT is no different.
(mine is a 5AT and we encountered no install issues due to the tranny)

PM Westpak...he has a GReddy and may know of a shop in FL near you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.