Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's gonna be time for me to take the FI plunge in the near future and I recall some people posting about possible discrepencies between the emanage wiring diagram and the actual color codes on the actual harness. Is there anything I should look out for or take into account?

Looking at the manual from the Greddy site (the 3 part one and the emanage manuals) everything looks straight foward. But keep in mind I'm not going to be doing the install I'll have my preferred shop do that. But wanted to provided them with as much information as possible.

Already taking note of heat wrapping the rubber AC line as well thanks to 350zCalb and his findings regarding that.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
are you going with the greddy TT? I am tossing the emanage for the emanage ultimate or possibly UTEC

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Hi Justin...you're going to want to tell the mechanic move the power steering non-pressurized line on the passenger side away from any heat sources...and make sure they re-install the air-bag sensor in a verticle alignment.

Westpak may be able to chime in on any e-manage wiring issues.

Good luck with the project...glad to see you are finally able to get started. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
It's gonna be time for me to take the FI plunge in the near future and I recall some people posting about possible discrepencies between the emanage wiring diagram and the actual color codes on the actual harness. Is there anything I should look out for or take into account?

Looking at the manual from the Greddy site (the 3 part one and the emanage manuals) everything looks straight foward. But keep in mind I'm not going to be doing the install I'll have my preferred shop do that. But wanted to provided them with as much information as possible.

Already taking note of heat wrapping the rubber AC line as well thanks to 350zCalb and his findings regarding that.
The best thing to do is to go by pins rather than color as sometimes it is hard to tell what is red with white or white with red. I also suggest getting an Autosport wiring harness patch so you can do the wiring on it rather than on the ECU wiring, cleaner and easier.

And as Kenny said take care of the PS line and the air bag sensor.

Also put the rubber couplings on the turbos before you put them on the car or it will be a pain putting them on with the turbos in place.

Make sure you have the oil line fitting on the turbo pointing in the right direction as they cannot be adjusted with the turbo in place if they are wrong.

If you have aftermarket swaybars the lower IC pipe might be hard to put in place so you might have to remove it or at least if on a lift raise the tires to move the bar.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information and foresight guys I REALLY appreciate it!

Kenny, definately look foward to having boost here at altitude should definately be a lot funner :) . Awsome to finally see your car up and running again congrats on that! Piece of mind with power on tap (hopefully by late next year I can be where your at hehe) - I'm gonna be keeping boost @ 5.5psi with my motor since it's high milage and I'd just like more power initially while I go about getting a forged short block assembled to later open up the kit.

Toykilla - yep I've got the Greddy TT. Eventually I will go with the UTEC as I do like all it's features and with CO being a huge Evo/STi state - there's a heck of a reputable tuner just a couple miles down the road from me that does UTEC all day long.

But I'd like to give the emanage a try first and get an idea of what it's like to use (my installer is very well versed in Emanage so I wouldn't mind seeing what can be done with it). I'm definately going with the Autosport wire harness as you mentioned Westpak - dont wanna muck up the stock harness :) Thanks for the tidbits!

Do any of you guys have the base tune for the Emanage (or know where I can get it)? The map has been nuked from mine and wondering where I can get a base map from.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
This is the one reason I really do not like the Greddy kit all that much.Too much room for error splicing your own ECU wires..I much rather plug and play harnesses.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
awsome thanks Kenny!

MRC - I agree with a solution like UTEC coming into the limelight. Unichip is not practical for me in terms of tuneability.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
awsome thanks Kenny!

MRC - I agree with a solution like UTEC coming into the limelight. Unichip is not practical for me in terms of tuneability.
This is how most people feel as well.Hopefully the UTEC will deliver the goods.... :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
120 Posts
The Greddy kit is a tuner kit...I think everyone understands that now....and its price reflects that. :D It's power potential is incredible....but as a bolt on kit...its lacking a bunch of little things, that can easily be solved. We are making 622whp at just 16.5psi of boost pressure tuned with EU. I am sure they UTEC will deliver the goods as well...and be more plug and play...rather than wiring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts