Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got grounding wires kit installed in my Z for almost a week , and i don't know ..... i think i can say there is completly nothing, it just as it wasn't installed ... the most thing people said about this mod. that it will eliminate the rough idle after pushing the car hard or after stoping the car for sometime with the engine on.

i still do have that rough before and after intallation (ground wires)

i have those NISMO Grounding wire (Even i can believe Nismo had one) But as performancenissan said its Nismo ,then....... whatever.

the installation is the same as the instruction paper said......

any suggestions

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
There is nothing to suggest. Whenever people tell you they notice a difference after adding a ground kit it's all in their head. It is a 100% cosmetic mod.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I never expected much from mine. You def won't be able to 'feel' the difference. It looks good, and I'm sure once the Z gets way up there in power, the wires might make a difference.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I'm in agreement. Purely cosmetic but may make a difference once more mods are in the car.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I'm sorry, but a grounding kit makes as much of a performance difference as my Tech stickers do

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
:rotflmao:

I got 2 on. I'm up to 10hp.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I've got two on the car, and either 2 or 4 in the glove compartment to give out. 30hp! w00t! :DiRN:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I'm Jealous, 5 HP per sticker.......maybe we could all get that 300+ HP we want by just adding stickers :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Nov 26 2004, 02:31 PM
I'm sorry, but a grounding kit makes as much of a performance difference as my Tech stickers do

Hey there Dirn,

To be honest I was skeptical too, but dyno charts don't lie. A friend of mine has a 450 whp Evo and his apexi groudning system added a measly 3 hp at peak, but did add 1-6 hp across the board at different rpms. Although the peak hp isn't huge, things like idle, throttle response, and consistent voltage was effected.

After his experience with his own system, I gave Sun Auto a shot and it worked for me as well. After putting on all of my mods listed in my sig, my idle was a bit rough. After putting on the grounding kit along with the high voltage system I immediately noticed a better idle and my throttle response was improved. Of course my butt dyno could not feel a difference since the HP increase if any is so small that one would not feel it. I mean come on, I barely felt my nitrous when I had a 75 shot on. I also noticed that my voltage is now consistent when compared to how much it used to fluctuate with my NX running along with my radio etc. I could literally hear my remote bottle opener spinning faster. I was tripping out myself, but it DOES WORK. :welcome:

·
Registered
2 Posts
dynos dont like, but they arent as accurate as people portray them to be. a 3 hp gain or loss could simply be due to the atmosphere, or the tires warming up, or any number of possible factors. And anyone saying their butt dyno is proving anything probably farted the 2nd time.

but, i do have grounding wires, and i cant say i have or have not really felt a big difference, but the way i see it, the wires cant hurt, and they are relatively cheap and easy to install. why the heck not. =)

unlike an intake, which is totally pointless and really counterproductive if you really test em out and think really really hard about it.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Rick, in your case, where you have made a lot of changes that affect the electrical system of the car, yes, a grounding kit can make a difference. But for a care that has made little to no significant changes, a grounding kit does nothing.

And nutty, what losses does installing an intake lead to?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Nov 27 2004, 08:25 AM
Rick, in your case, where you have made a lot of changes that affect the electrical system of the car, yes, a grounding kit can make a difference.  But for a care that has made little to no significant changes, a grounding kit does nothing.

And nutty, what losses does installing an intake lead to?

You are exactly right. You hit the nail right on the head. A grounding system along with a high voltage system will not do much unless you have a lot of mods. Is it worth it? Up to you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's one of those things that is like a sugar pill. Some people will say it made a huge difference and others will say none. I put mine on in the first 1,000 miles and I can't say it made a difference.

The car idles on the rough side, well, you can feel the engine more since sports cars are supposed to connect you to the car and not isolate like others. If anything they look cool and may or may not do anything at all.

·
Registered
84 Posts
can somebody tell me where to hook the wires to? didnt get any print out when I got mine

·
Registered
55 Posts
jinxxycat.

I bought the kits from the site what you wrote down here.

I ordered 5 kits, but it came with 6 wires. :lol:

it took just 3 days wow.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Look at the stock groundwires: Cheezee. Wires in grounding kits are much fatter (a tech term)...which means less resistance for the electricity to find its path to ground. & that's the improvement you'll get. Better wiring will last longer & provide better current flow. In a fuel injected, computerized car, this may well add 1-2hp here or there...but we're not expecting miracles here.

I'm going to make mine myself. Get wire & wire ends & start crimping...since I have 3 cars to do.

I'll be doing an ignition bridge with the guys at Weapon-R & add the groundwires at that time....I won't be expecting to blow up the dyno with this mod.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts