Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took a lot longer then I've expected, but it's finally here. By the way, this is the AAM Plenum Spacer. I'm still not decided if I'm going to install it or not. Since I might be selling my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frosty, what do you mean? Well, I got the spacer in the group buy, ages ago. On my credit card I was charged AU$295 that's with the US$87.80 group buy discount. I guess some of that money went to Paypal since I've used them to pay for it. On the independent dynos in USA it made around 10hp gain at the top end. I'm not sure what gains I would get since I don't have an exhaust since in the aussie Zs the exhaust is the most restrictive part.

The quality and finish of it is excellent, as you can see it's very very shiny, but when it is installed it's impossible to tell that it's there. The spacer is angled, so it gives more air to the front cylinders and it works with the OEM strut bar and cover.

What else do you want to know Mr Frost?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I sell it I might temporarily get a charade like apsilon did, until I get a job. After that I'm probably going to get a Z again. Unless I get my hands on an NSX in a decent condition at a reasonable price, I always liked that car and it has a lot of the things that I want. Camber, toe and caster adjustment. Will last forever without becoming a rust bucket. Also it's easy to add mods myself (since I like all the DIY stuff). And with a supercharger kit it's a 12second car over a 1/4 mile and it's extremely reliable, but considering that there are only 150 of this cars in australia and only 70 of them are manuals, I don't think I'll be able to find one that I like.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Yeah, one of my other friends said that if he was to buy an expensive car it'd be an NSX.

Mind you, he wants to rip the Honda engine out and put an SR20DET in.

The spacer looks interesting. I wonder if it works with the aftermarket ones too...?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Murray, I don't really want to sell my car either, but some times **** happens and there's no choice.

Scathing right now I'll be looking at cars like this one http://drive.com.au/used_cars/daihatsu/cha...&pp=15&d=0&nv=1

:)

By the way, that specific NSX was a track rat, so it has been trashed a lot. I wouldn't go for it myself, since it's spent 95% of it's time at the track and the rest just driving back and from it. I would get a stock NSX myself and that wouldn't be hard since no one modifies them in australia.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Well theres alot of quick little cars out there which are really run to drive because of their light weight. So just because your forced to sell your big performance car doesnt mean you cant get a small performance car.

Examples

$5K and Below

RWD Corrolla with a 4AGE
Turbo Charade
Suzuki Swift GTI

Around the $10-15K mark:

Older 200sx with SR20DET
180sx with SR20DET
R32 GTST
Familia GTX

Or up again around the $20-30K

R32 GTR
R33 GTST

·
Registered
80 Posts
Originally posted by Nuff@Apr 11 2005, 04:37 AM
If I sell it I might temporarily get a charade like apsilon did...

The choice of ex Zed drivers everywhere?

Hope things work out and you don't have to sell. Never nice being forced into something.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Nuff:

Really sorry to hear that man.... sad to see another zed driver is gonna sell the zed again... and also hope things will get better for you!!! All the best

As for the NSX, I think the maintenance cost will be a lot higher than the zed and also the year of the car does matter too... you gotta be careful while choosing those older year cars as many parts might be due for change already! That was what happened to my e36 m3 and I paid like **** a lot to swap things over...

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Richie, I've decided to keep my car for a while longer after going through the figures with my accountant. As for NSX well, the expensive things in it are tires, it eats them up very very fast because of the aggressive suspension setup. And then there's valve adjustment and timing belt change. Other then that, there isn't much. If I would get it, it wouldn't be my daily driver. But since I've decided to keep the car (for now that is), NSX is out of the picture.

·
Registered
80 Posts
[/quote]

No, haven't had time really. Tried buy the Subaru Forester that I'm after but they're selling so many of them it was either pay for it and pick it up when it comes in or go away.

On the sports car front I'm waiting for a drive in the new MX-5 when it lands.

At least the Charade is cheap to run for now.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Nuff - glad to hear that you'll be keeping your Zed for now at least. Hopefully you land a higher paying position then you can keep the Zed as a daily driver and get an NSX cheaply as your weekend play toy!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Nuff we better go for a few more runs before any more visits to the number crunchers ;)!

Good luck with the job hunting mate. It is a good time for someone skilled as yourself anyway.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys, It's a good time, but I think I was asking too much, the market isn't the same any more, considering that there's not as many contracts as there used to be. So KY, I don't think I'll be able to have a Z and NSX at the same time :) Maybe in few years time.

And I'm going to install the spacer in the next few days as well. It looks like a quiet easy install, I'll just have to be careful with the torque specs for the plenum bolts, since some people have stripped the threads from the lower plenum.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
nuff....

Good to know that you are keeping this baby.... and also we will love to see some number or even just the feedback on the spacer that you are gonna install! Are you gonna do the unichip as well with the spacer as will it make the car leaner with more air? *hint hint*... I still have my unichip for sale... STILL...

cheers,

richie

1 - 20 of 28 Posts