Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was wednesday morning, I was crusing around on Peabody rd here in Vacaville. Then I see black STI. It looked like the owner just waxed it. We were going slow side by side, and there was a stop light!! So I roll down the window, smile, wave at him and ask if he wants to go. As soon as I saw that little smirk on his face, I knew it was on.

So, here I am, working on my launch, waiting for green light. Green light... I had a little tire spin, but overall a good launch, but that ******* put half car on me in heart beat. I didnt redline the 1st, shifted at 6rpm because I get bad tire spin in 2nd, redlined 3rd and we both shut down at about 80sh because of traffic in front of us. His gears seemed to be shorter, I pulled when he was shifting, and then he pulled back on me when it was in gear. We shut down when my bumper was at his front door. **** AWD

His car looked stock, and mine is too, just have JWT

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wow. Guy must have no been able to drive... (very posible)

Stock for Stock he should have stomped you by more than 1/2 car.

Good job though... they are ugly as sin and definitely shouldnt be as fast as they are! They don't deserve it... :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As far as I know from roll our cars can keep up with STIs. Thats the AWD from the dead stop that kills us. If you are modded, you have to catch up to it.
I dont think that guy knew how to launch it, it takes practice. He took off pretty fast, but I know that STI could launch better

·
Registered
151 Posts
I ran one of these up at the 1/8 track...I ran a 9.01(bone stock) he ran a 8.7(tein coilovers, CAI). I'm hoping w/ a little better launch and the CAI and test pipes I"ll be able to catch him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts