1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Congrats! That's a little early, but hey! Take what you can get, right?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by cryoscience.com
How Cryogenic Treatment Works
Cryogenic treatment is one of the most effective treatments to improve the quality, strength and durability of metals.

When metal is formed at atmospheric temperature and pressure the molecules are disorganized and contain weak carbon particles called Austenite. What Cryogenic Treatment does is to convert these disorganized molecules and weak carbon particles into highly organized molecules and very strong carbon particles called Martinsite.

The end result of this conversion is extremely strong and durable metal. Durability (resistance to wear and fatigue) is around 100% (that’s double), the typical increase in strength is 30% to 50%. This results in dramatically reduced replacement costs. In fact typical results are a doubling of the time between engine rebuilds, replacement of disk brake rotors and also doubles the amount of cutting that virtually any blade can do before they need sharpening.

Another benefit of Cryogenic treatment is that the metal becomes a very efficient dissipated of heat. This means engines, transmissions, disk brakes, and cutting tools run much, much cooler.

More info at Cryoscience webpage

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
That cryo thing seems interesting.. I'd love to see a comparo of stock vs cryo'd brakes. Would be a nice alternative to a BBK if it really runs that much cooler!

Also, you can probably cryo your intake plenums to make them resist and dissipate heat better too.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
man those look sweet, nice present if you ask me!! be sure to post pics when they are installed :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Cryo's alright if you're really into extremes and have the money to blow on something you'll never notice on the molecular level. For an everyday driving experience, I don't think it's worth it. I suppose piece of mind is an important factor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts