Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I know I haven't been around in forever but this was the first place that came to mind today.

I was on my daily commute to work, pulled off the turnpike and stopped behind a car at the end of the off ramp (within walking and visual distance from work) and saw someone pull up behind me. Well the car in front of me took off, I scooted up and stopped at the stop sign (cops love to catch people running that sign) and when I stopped I heard a loud noise but wasn't sure what it was because I had my stereo on.

Well it took me able half a second to realize I was just rear ended.

So naturally I was lit and I hit the 4 ways and pulled over, then remembered there was a side road just ahead and instead of sitting on the shoulder of the highway (turnpike crosses over a small highway) I pulled over into it and got out.

He got out of his pickup really fast and asked if I was okay and all that. I said yeah, but I don't know about my baby. And he said he knew his truck was fine because he has a brush guard on it. But he admitted that he was looking back to see if anything was coming when I scooted up.

I looked at the car, it looked fine but I noticed my right blinker wasn't blinking. Looked closer and he hit the right corner, knocked out the turn signal and folded the bumper cover up under the brake light. The hatch works fine and the brake light looked okay and I didn't see any wrinkles in the passenger rear fender (THANK GOD).

I'm going to bring it in the shop when I clock out at 2AM to give it a better inspection. He had insurance and was apologetic so I guess it could have been worse.

I haven't had the rear bumper cover off so what should I be looking for under there? If it didn't set off the air bags it should still be structurally sound right? It drove fine.

This sucks :( I lost my back door virginity unwillingly. :xZ!o:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Oh, ****. That sucks.

:thatsfunny: back door virginity

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got pics for you guys.

Got an insurance claim filed and accident report turned into the popo's.

It broke the turn signal and it's mount, broke the corner off the brake light and it's mount. Broke the trim piece on top of the brake light, put 2 folds/cracks/splits in the plastic bumper, poked something through the bumper from the inside, spider cracked the bumper about halfway across, and it has a rub mark and some warpage where the driver side of his push bumper hit.

Going to get it estimated in the morning. The insurance sided with me and said it was his fault.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Well, at least he was insured and immediately manned up and took responsibility. It looks like it's all cosmetic so all-in-all I'd say you got off pretty easy.

Still sucks though. Good luck getting her fixed. A word of advice: don't accept a less than perfect paint match. DEMAND that they do it again until it matches 99%.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I will. I'm a very nit picky some bish. The Z is my baby and my daily driver so she has to be lookin good.

BTW did I mention I still feel like I have to throw up?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I can't see how anyone would think it's your fault unless you like driving backwards and recklessly.

You definitely have some research ahead of you. That should be fun shopping for new parts.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, being 20 and the other guy being a grown man and not having the cops come out (They don't go to non injury wrecks when the roads are wet) it would be easy for them to try to pin it on me. The younger person is always at fault no matter how the wreck happens. lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, time for round 2 with the insurance company.

Apparently just over $1000 and less than $1100 (can't remember the exact number) is all the damage is worth.

And apparently I'm not good enough to replace my factory parts with new factory parts. They think I want a used bumper and a used brake light. HA!

Yeah right.

If they tell me the used stuff is still good as new I'll ask them if they shop for good as new condoms. Ones that have been wiped off and rolled back up.

I will either have new parts or a lifetime supply of blowjobs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts