Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered it from Jun Tanaka over at the my 3 5 0 z forum.

This is going to be easy He even sent me a CD with instructions in a .PDF file.

To bad i cant install it today because i have to visit my attourney today.

Time to take my daughter away as i caught her mom doing speed :F-you: . so this is more important than putting on the lights today.

I'll probbably do it tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
340 shipped!! from florida to california. Not bad for O.E.M.

it was used of course but had brand new bulbs that said made in germany on them. I think they are phillips.

also I followed the tutorial for adjusting the headlights and to my surprise one was 19inches high and the other a little over 20.

they were supposed to be around 27.5 inches high I thought i was right from the beginning with the stock lights but everyone on the forum said that they sucked compared to hid so i left it.

I just adjusted it in the garage so cant wait to drive tonight.

I would do the headlight adjustment mod found in the how to section on this forum. at least you can get better lighting in the mean while.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
by the way if anyone is wondering it looks factory, well because it has factory parts. I have a few friends with Z's that have hid and I cant tell any difference in fact i think it is a wise tale about the headlight housing.
my 05 compared to my neighbors 05 with factory hid = no difference at all.
I am convinced about all the housings being the same since it has the mount points for the stock ballast underneath the headlight.

Yes you have to take the bumper off and then the lights but when you are done all you have to do is plug in the clip and remount the light housing and turn it on to test.

really cool kit

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
did u buy 2 complete xenon headlights or just the globes and ballasts out of a used headlight and transfer them into halogen headlights?

u do get a decent beam from the halogen headlights, a huge improvement over stock, but still not as good as genuine oem xenon headlights

the difference will be in the projector, it will have an auto leveling feature so as you go over bumps it will constantly adjust the height so as to not blind drivers

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats wierd. I never noticed that. I can't tell any difference at all between mine and my friends touring.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
unless the 03-05 Z's dont have auto leveling

you usually notice it when u first start the car, the headlights will move up or down to find the correct level

here in Aus xenons have to have both auto leveling and headlight washers to be Aus Design Rule compliant

could be the reason we didnt get xenons in the first place

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can you take a picture of youre headlight, right or left and then i will take one of mine and we could both post it up.

try to get a close up of the EYE. because my upload is kinda small on this forum. I want to see if there is a visual difference

here is a picture of a U.S. speck light on a car with factory hid.

what the heck is up with this forum, I cant post a picture????

I'll take a picture of my base headlight in the morning and post it

ok here is a link

http://gallery.getsideways.net/albums/Robe...rn_Signal01.jpg

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
its pretty much identical to that pic.........though the actual projector plastic surround is brighter, more of a silver than grey.....but thats really clutching at straws

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/scascone/122_2286.jpg

im sure someone with oem xenons will comment whether theyre auto leveling soon enough

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
actually ill's and i just traded pics and they look identical.
we both have 05's he has a enthusiast with factory HID and i have a base with OEM HID conversion.

I just need to find the sweet spot for hieght.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
ahhhhh so that would be why we didnt get them in Aus

i figured as much, because it wouldnt have been the headlight washer issue as the UK cars have washers in the bumpers

the 06 though with bi-xenons have auto leveling, they come to Aus now with factory xenons. The beam would be better too

im thinking about switching to the 4300K globes. The 6000K Ultinons look great at night with their light purple, but output isnt as strong as id like

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
ahhhhh so that would be why we didnt get them in Aus

i figured as much, because it wouldnt have been the headlight washer issue as the UK cars have washers in the bumpers

the 06 though with bi-xenons have auto leveling, they come to Aus now with factory xenons. The beam would be better too

im thinking about switching to the 4300K globes. The 6000K Ultinons look great at night with their light purple, but output isnt as strong as id like

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Sam,

We don't need to have an auto-leveling system to have the xenon light by law, just a set of headlight washer will do.... S2000 does not have that feature either... it is just our nissan australia is so cheap @ss that couldn't even put it as an option feature for us.... our loss really!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
no we do Rich

auto leveling and headlight washer, its part of our ADRs

the S2000 does have auto leveling, ive been a passenger in one at night. The Accord Euro uses the exact same projector.

every car with factory xenon has auto leveling dude

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Still not sure if we have auto leveling over here in the US or not.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
ok here is my car with Philips Ultinon 6000K xenons on Aus spec halogen headlights

do you have those horizontal lines above the cut off as well? They were there with the halogen globes as well, i think theyre designed to light up overhead freeway signs and such

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13042

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got my kit from Jun Tanaka from the other board installed yesterday. It is awesome! Jun is in Miami (so am I) and he was nice enough to do the install for me. Nice kid, great product.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts