Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 03 Z back after having the Tranny and clutch replaced and noticed that the Tranmission seems to be very clunky. I am assuming that this is normal Because it needs to be broken in But want to know if all of you guys that had your transmission replaced had the same issue and how long it took to go away.
Thanks

·
Registered
785 Posts
Originally posted by McWhorters@Aug 4 2005, 02:42 AM

I just got my 03 Z back after having the Tranny and clutch replaced and noticed that the Tranmission seems to be very clunky. I am assuming that this is normal Because it needs to be broken in But want to know if all of you guys that had your transmission replaced had the same issue and how long it took to go away.
Thanks
[snapback]141303[/snapback]​

I had the same problems on the first and second replacment. I was told break takes about 500 miles, during which you should go easy on the clutch and tranny.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
When I got my new tranny installed, it shifted very smooth and there was no noticable clunks. My car is a 2003 and I got the 2005 tranny.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have read a lot about tranny problems. Is it just in the first year or 2 or is it still an issue. I've heard of people on their 3rd transmission. Is it the way they are shifting it or is it a flaw in the design?

Swamibob

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Merged.

General advice for noobs: Please search the site sections before posting questions. There's lots of good info in here if you try to find it, and we as mods try to keep the clutter down so you don't have to ask before reading.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts