Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:headshake: :headshake:

Its true... my actual 1st real loss to anything I have raced since i got my Z.... almost 2 yrs now...

On the way home from work.... was a long day yesterday... so I throw on some techno and figure lets have some fun... then i see a red M3 in my rearview...

he gets by me because he cuts someone off just to get in front... :starwars: some traffic ahead so we really cant do much.... Im in fourth at hanging between 70-80mph... road opens up we hit it.... I was on his ass most of the time... then we get into twisties... I feel confident with the Z, especially since I put 20"s on the car... in the rear 20x10=awesome grip.... but as i was about totake a turn i slowed down looked at the digital speed and saw 114mph... he never touched his brake thru the turn... i probably could have kept up my speed and taken it at about 125 like he did... but i got nervous... next turn was at 108 and i heard some squealing with that one... just didnt have the ballz last night to really hit the turns.... oh well....

after we got to more traffic ... i graciously nodded aknowledging my defeat...

:drink2:

To all Jewish Z owners... Happy Rosh Hashanah!!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Maybe you should go 18's with 10 in the back. Lighter wheel, less rotational mass, equivalent grip. Or go FI.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Don't feel bad, the M's do have around 40hp on us. Thats like a 330i racing a Z, and being disappointed that the Z won. Gotta look at it from both angles ;) Plus, what did he pay for his? And how many more looks do you get in yours?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yyea.. hmmi wonder y??

I have beaten an M3 before... when i had the 18s on it... it was close but i took him... minor traffic... it was all about weaving when it came to that race.... I dontfeel bad about it... it was only my 1st real loss

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Yyea.. hmmi wonder y??

I have beaten an M3 before... when i had the 18s on it... it was close but i took him... minor traffic... it was all about weaving when it came to that race.... I dontfeel bad about it... it was only my 1st real loss
Come to my shop, we can fix it real purdy so you never loose to a pesky M3 again. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
LOL LucyZ outhandles the M3's (IMO LOL) on the track at BeaveRun but they kick my AZZ in the straightaways. One of them lapped me not once but twice my first time out on the track. :hide2: I don't even worry about it. They are a **** of a car LOL
Hahahahaha :lmfao: You said BEAVER... :rolf2: :rolf2: :rolf2:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Come to my shop, we can fix it real purdy so you never loose to a pesky M3 again. :shiftdrive:

That would a complimentary hook-up for a fellow Z owner... right... I'll even help with the installs... And I will bring plenty of beer!!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
This is one of the inherent problems with street "encounters." One never really knows what the other "guy" has done to his car. So - with that in mind - how can anyone claim a "kill?" They have this place called a Dragstrip. Wherein, you're classifed based on your car's performance potential. Then - and here's the deal - you race OTHER CARS WITH SIMILAR HORSEPOWER to your's. That minor criteria makes it more a driver's race than who has the deepest pockets. How can anyone feel any sort of accomplishment beating a strange car is beyond me. Where's the Sport in that? :doh:

But - then - what do I know? I'm just an old guy who used to run a 426 Street Hemi at National Speedway in Center Moriches, LI. :irock:

(and used to line up against some very quick Motion Performance GM guys)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Whooped up? How much hp does he have?

If you "whooped up" on a car with the same - or less - hp than you - then you get the Salute!

Excuse me, I have to go look for some Preludes to beat. :rolf2:

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I agree with RUF, I pretty much only race cars I think I'm gonna lose to. That way, if I lose, I knew it was gonna happen anyways. If I win, its that much better of a kill! So far, my list that I've been beaten by: 01-ish Viper, 04-ish S55 AMG, E55AMG, 03-ish Z06, (05-06 Z06 just last weekend). But, I've handed a few E46 M3's their asses, stayed even with a heavily modded S4 (from 2nd gear up) and an Evo (off the line!).

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
OMG.....that is the last thing i wanna hear from a Z'er!!! beaten by an M3?!?!?!
if you are stock, dont worry about it, but if u are modded?!?!?! then u should hang urself
the reason i fell in love with my Z was because i was able to wipe the floor with M3's and it felt GOOOOOOOOD
u need to give it another shot man....

·
Registered
334 Posts
M3 E46 super charged if I recall is usually boosted to 400hp, but actice autowerke just released a stage 2 that suposivelly have 499 hp, but that has just recently been released. Stage 2 has 330 tourque.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Don't feel bad, the M's do have around 40hp on us. Thats like a 330i racing a Z, and being disappointed that the Z won. Gotta look at it from both angles ;) Plus, what did he pay for his? And how many more looks do you get in yours?

Dude, my freakin sentiments exactly

you cant sum it up better than that!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts