Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i was sitting in the parking lot at work waiting for cars to clear out and a huge truck decided to back into my Z.

Well now i need a new front bumper and hood, and maybe a few engine bay parts. I want to go with aftermarket bumper and hood, so how i the best way to handle this? The insurance company wants to cut a check to a body shop, but i really dont want to go through a body shop..

Here is what i need:
New OEM front bumper
Veilside Lip (molded into bumper)

Hood (Do-Luck Carbon Fiber if possible)

I am willing to pay the difference. I would LIKE to have the check cut to my name and then use that to order the aftermarket parts.

Advice?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
By law, you can pick the body shop. You don't have to take what the other party or insurance wants. So find a shop that is willing to work with you on the aftermarket stuff. Just explain it to them what you want and see how they'll work with you.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Just when you think it's all safe... :banghead:

·
Registered
598 Posts
in maryland you can only have the check made out to you if your car is paid for. in that situation, the insurance company doesn't give a crap if you fix it or not. but if there is a lean the bank has it issued to a repair shop for the better interest of their not yet paid off investment. i would try and work with a shop you trust and they can do whatever you want to expecially if you are willing to pay for any additional charges such as having the pieces fitted properly etc. you may also incur some storage fees if it has to sit any longer than normal for parts to come in.
mdzowner

·
Registered
785 Posts
Usually they joint cut the check to you and the body shop. if you forget to tell them you owe a payoff and they dont check you can usually get the check cut only to you. If this doesn't work I know A really good body shop guy in Little Elm that may be able to help you. Knowing a Shop owner really helps I was able to get almost 7k in additional "ahem" bodywork done on thier tab.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/quote]

Where is Little Elm.. I would like to go through someone I know or someone who knows someone.. I dont want to walk into a place and have no idea about their quality etc..

If you could hook me up.. or talk to the place.. This is what i need done:

Hood painted.. (may leave CF for now and paint later depending on prices etc..)
Front lip molded into bumper..
Front bumper/lip painted
Front fenders painted..

I

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
That sucks Josh, you just cant win with having body damage to your car. Hopefully you can make out on this situation.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]

I want to.
<div align="right">[snapback]91846[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm sure there's a way to work it...just need a insider at a local body shop. Have them issue a quote to cover the cost of an OE bumper and paint/paint labor and install labor...you might offer 10% and they could pad it that much.

Condolences on the accident...you've had more than your share.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ideally i would like reimbursed for the cost of the stock bumper, hood, and any other broken parts, as well as cost of paint and materials. I would then take care of the paint myself.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
[/quote]

<------and mods

I have had nothing but bad luck with my front bumper

Sorry to hear this Josh. Trust me I know how you feel. At least it doesnt have to come out of your pocket

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
[/quote]

<------and mods

Sorry to hear this Josh. Trust me I know how you feel. At least it doesnt have to come out of your pocket
<div align="right">[snapback]91860[/snapback]
[/quote]
No that's just you having sh!tty luck

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
[/quote]

<------and mods

<div align="right">[snapback]91860[/snapback]
[/quote]
No that's just you having sh!tty luck
<div align="right">[snapback]91865[/snapback]
[/quote]

yeah that too :F-you: :doh:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
:wtf: Jaysen just had his rear bumper hit the other day too. Very strange...

·
Registered
790 Posts
Sorry to hear that josh. You just need to stay away from deer and other drivers!

Let me know if you need any OEM parts - I know some that can hook you up.

Zach

·
Registered
785 Posts
[/quote]

Where is Little Elm.. I would like to go through someone I know or someone who knows someone.. I dont want to walk into a place and have no idea about their quality etc..

If you could hook me up.. or talk to the place.. This is what i need done:

Hood painted.. (may leave CF for now and paint later depending on prices etc..)
Front lip molded into bumper..
Front bumper/lip painted
Front fenders painted..

I
<div align="right">[snapback]91837[/snapback]
[/quote]

Little Elm is 45 minutes north of Dallas near Frisco. I thought for some reason you were in Dallas. If you are interested I will talk to the guy today. He does great work and is a performance nut. He has one of the slickest vipers (850 whp on pump gas) I have ever seen.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OH CRAP!! They guy is now telling his insurance that i ran into him!!! what a dickhead! His insurance agent says i have to prove that he rand into me somehow.. without any witnesses i am SOL!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts