Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this composite baby today!

I got a discount because it wasnt in stock.

Regarding gloves, anyone tried different brands of gloves? Sparco have a few different ones.

Im just after something light weight but will give increased grip and stay grippy even if I sweat.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
DOT approval is a US standard - useless here unless it has an Australian Standards sticker, like AS1698 (on the back of my helmet).
Also, my visor has an AS1609 sticker on it.

I have no idea what SNELL approval is?

The guys at NSCC advised me that a CAMS approved helmet was one that had the AS1698 sticker on it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks alot for that reply, my helmet and visor has the same two markings! :)

FYI SNELL like DOT are crash standards but they are supposed to be the highest standard in the world.

Not sure I can post here, but, what the H*ll! Snell is a USA testing foundation that certifies helmets. SA for auto use, and MA for motorcycle use. I've been reading that their testing procedures are more than a little ......antiquated. But, all US racing clubs require their use.

As to your question on gloves, I really like my Impact Racing g-2 Evolution gloves. Padded suede that grips well on my leather steering wheel. I'll suggest you get the red ones though. Will make it easier for a passing car to see your point by.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Regarding gloves, anyone tried different brands of gloves? Sparco have a few different ones.

Im just after something light weight but will give increased grip and stay grippy even if I sweat.
Hey Murray.

I'm probably going to pick up a gloves and shoes combo from Revolution Racegear soonish. While I don't know if I need gloves for the level of motorsport I do, getting a nice pair of racing shoes would be good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts