Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Goodyear F1's or Michelin PilotSport

3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  paperjohn 
#1 ·
:newbie:

I'm a systems engineer from NASA and I bought my wife a new Durango just so I could be allowed to buy my 2005 350Z in Chrome Silver.

The factory Potenza RE040's are worthless and have to go! So I'm putting new rubber on very soon. The two highest rated tires at TireRack seem to be the Goodyear F1's and the Michelin PilotSport's.

Experiences? Recommendations? Rants? Warnings? Raves?

Thanks,

exu2boy

#2 ·
Originally posted by exu2boy@Jul 12 2005, 11:19 AM
:newbie:

I'm a systems engineer from NASA and I bought my wife a new Durango just so I could be allowed to buy my 2005 350Z in Chrome Silver.

The factory Potenza RE040's are worthless and have to go! So I'm putting new rubber on very soon. The two highest rated tires at TireRack seem to be the Goodyear F1's and the Michelin PilotSport's.

Experiences? Recommendations? Rants? Warnings? Raves?

Thanks,

exu2boy
[snapback]130551[/snapback]​

Sounds like you and the wifey both made out well! :welcome: I have the Toyo Proxes T1-S, which have been replaced by the T1-R's. They are super sticky and I love them! PS Tirerack price matches so if you find something cheaper, give them a phone call and see if they will get you a deal....again, welcome to the forum!!!! :wavey:

#6 ·
Welcome!! :cheers:

Get the BFG's.!!!!!!!

$200 a set cheaper so you can just eat them up. Set after set after set... :)

I got the BFG KDW2. A wet/dry 'special'.

I was not (and maybe still not) a fan of BFG. But this tire is excellent. So far so good.

I have read reviews of them out lasting BOTH the s03 and PSII. And the gription is def. there!! :shiftdrive:

(ps. I drive for a living. On a track. Lots of stuff. These tires are holding up QUITE well all things considered. I've got 1000-1500 mi. street and track on them and not a sign of premature wearing.)

#9 ·
i have the goodyear gsd3. almost 30 k on them and they are begining to show signs of replacement. keep in mind i drive like a hooligan and i have never rotated them or anything. just kept good pressure and i think they were 680 bucks to my door from tire rack.
mdzowner

#11 ·
Originally posted by mdzowner@Jul 12 2005, 08:45 PM
i drive like a hooligan and i have never rotated them or anything. just kept good pressure and i think they were 680 bucks to my door from tire rack.
mdzowner
[snapback]130981[/snapback]​

I want to drive like a hooligan!!!!!!!!!!!!! What constitues this?? Pushing ppl off the road ?????????? :helpsmilie:

#12 ·
Originally posted by jinxxycat+Jul 13 2005, 12:09 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mdzowner
@Jul 12 2005, 08:45 PM
i drive like a hooligan and i have never rotated them or anything. just kept good pressure and i think they were 680 bucks to my door from tire rack.
mdzowner
[snapback]130981[/snapback]​

I want to drive like a hooligan!!!!!!!!!!!!! What constitues this?? Pushing ppl off the road ?????????? :helpsmilie:
[snapback]131081[/snapback]​

The 007 Class I teach. :) :nana:

#17 ·
Originally posted by shocker@Jul 13 2005, 08:57 AM
I love potenza S03's they are awesome in the rain and even better in the dry dont last long but they are high performance tires so its all good.
[snapback]131180[/snapback]​

I have the exact opposite view of my SO-3 Pole positions. I wouldn't recomend this tire to anyone. I have 275/35 on my rear and they are terrible. They won't hook in the dry or the wet. I've never seen a tire that's as easy to break free from traction as these. They're terrible in my opinion.

My Nitto 555's on my 17's got better traction than the Potenza's I'm running on my 9.5" wheel :OMG: I'll never buy these SO-3's or any other Bridgestone's ever again.

#20 ·
Originally posted by illz33@Jul 13 2005, 12:15 PM
IMHO, it's either BFG KDW2    or    Michelin PSII

The BFG's are $200 cheaper per set of 4.

It was an easy choice for me.. tires are made to be replaced.
[snapback]131342[/snapback]​

Welcome, man. I,too, dislike the OEM's. I'm putting on new rims (18") and new rubber. I spent a lot of time on TireRack's site. I'm buying Avon Tech M550 A/S's. 225-45-18's in front and 275-40-18's in the rear: $600 plus road hazard.

Just about all the reviews I read contained complaints about wear and noise. Go and read the reviews on the Avon's. Not the best performance tire for tracking, but I only play around on the way to work! :shiftdrive:

Good luck. Only took me 3 days to pick out new rims! :banghead:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.